Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ePatch vs Zio patch holter monitors

Posted by susan.d 
ePatch vs Zio patch holter monitors
July 30, 2020 02:27PM
I usually wear a zio patch but “luck” was with me that during my first AF after my ablation I was wearing the ePatch. I was part of UCSF heart lab study to beta test Samsung’s ecg watch for 4 weeks along with 4 weeks of wearing the ePatch. It was free.

I prefer ePatch. It’s more comfortable, especially during the hot sweaty summer. The ePatch monitor is a small square device that snaps onto the adhesive patch. They supply 6 patches, so if it starts to peel you can remove the patch and swap. Plus I have sensitivity to tape and patches and my skin did well. It was comfortable to wear. Also the report rocks! It’s more comprehensive by far over the Zio.

Just a FYI if you have a choice and if your insurance will pay. I thought it was worth mentioning.
Re: ePatch vs Zio patch holter monitors
July 30, 2020 03:28PM
Not that this adds much to the conversation, but I recently wore a ZioPatch for 14 days and, other than some itching in the last 4-5 days, it wasn't all that noticeable.

I'm hoping for the results in the next week or so.

I've never worn the ePatch though. I'll have to look into it.
July 30, 2020 04:59PM
I found the zio patch itchy as well. I blame it on the heat plus they must use a different adhesive than ePatch.
August 01, 2020 04:53PM
On day 6 of ziopatch right now. It is always hell on my skin, I just accept it at this point.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login