Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Smartwatch with ECG recommendation?

Posted by DavrosT 
Smartwatch with ECG recommendation?
July 23, 2020 02:05PM
As the title says (although not the Apple Watch, I'm not made of money!).

Just curious. I got a Fitbit, under the impression the tech was already built in but there were 3rd party apps that you could use for it but that isn't true.

Also, it's getting harder and harder for me to remember to bring my Kardia with me everywhere as I'm terrified of losing it (I have CFS, so my memory is garbage).

Let me know if any of you use a smartwatch that contains ECG tech.

Thanks!
Re: Smartwatch with ECG recommendation?
July 23, 2020 02:26PM
I’m a beta tester for Samsung’s Active 2 ekg watch. It’s free. George gave the AF study details.
July 23, 2020 03:05PM
susan.d
I’m a beta tester for Samsung’s Active 2 ekg watch. It’s free. George gave the AF study details.

[www.afibbers.org]
July 23, 2020 03:08PM
Thanks guys I'll take a look. Doesn't look as if I'm eligible but I'll have a look.
July 23, 2020 03:30PM
They are starting a new Study and will invite all past beta testers and new participants. You need to wear the watch daily, take a couple of readings a day, and download two apps. Once the study four weeks later, you can keep the new watch if you don’t sell or gift it for a year. I also had to wear a free EPatch heart monitor for 4 weeks so they can compare the accuracy of the watch to the holter monitor. The ePatch rocks! I like it better than a zio patch because the actual monitor is detachable from the adhesive in case it starts to peel off. The ePatch was the first patch my skin didn’t react to its adhesive. The ePatch is mailed to you with 6 extra adhesive strips. I didn’t even notice wearing it.
July 24, 2020 09:07AM
Ah yeah, looking through the requirements for entry and I am not currently having intermittent afib 1-2 times per month.

Looks as if Withings, Apple and Amazfit Verge 2 are the only ones that have the tech that is on the market. Apple obviously looks the best but is also obscenely expensive too.
July 24, 2020 11:03AM
I have the free afib study Samsung watch, iWatch, Kardia 6L-requested from my local EP, and an old afibalert (actually 2) that I got for free as a beta tester. Plus a wonderful German ecg that I got in 2004 that gives QRS and PR measurements but no strips. Nifty when on flecainide to see if I was having 1st degree heart block. Plus a vintage ecg that worked with the Apple palm pilot.

Out of all, the afibalert is the most accurate, then Kardia, then iWatch which gives false positives. Since I ended the Samsung watch beta testing study, they remotely removed the ekg function. While letting me keep the watch .
July 28, 2020 08:22AM
This is not a watch and it doesn't do an EKG - yet, but I'm intrigued at what it does do.

[ouraring.com]

It's a ring that measures activity and heart rate variability, among other things.
July 30, 2020 03:25PM
So I ended up going for a relatively unknown one for the time being: [www.withings.com]

It's an analogue watch that's primary function is as an ECG and fitness tracker. Tracks sleep, steps. Only downside is no constant HR monitor.

But it was less than £100. I'll sell on my FitBit Charge 3 and it'll have barely cost me £25. I'm holding off until a more complete smart watch includes a proper ECG but this one has been impressive so far.
July 30, 2020 06:19PM
[smile.amazon.com]

Before my iWatch I bought two similar watches when they were $25- just so I would have an extra charger which was unique to find. Each had a different brand name but looked identical. With $5 off, $40 is affordable for the watch above...not as good as $25 tho.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login