Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My AF cocktail

Posted by susan.d 
My AF cocktail
July 14, 2020 10:47AM
I woke up in AF again. I was in nsr before I went to sleep. Kardia 6L and Afibalert readings confirmed.

I took my “cocktail”—2 glasses of water, 200mg of elemental magnesium and a Valium. 45 minutes later I luckily converted. That cocktail used to work from 2004-2018 averaging 45 minutes afterwards and then stopped so I had to be ECV over a dozen times. My record is over 20 ECV. The last time in AF was 26 days ago. I didn’t convert on my own for 1-2 days so I was ECV. The time before was 29 days before —7 months after my index ablation. I was in AF for 40 hours and was ECV the first time after my ablation. That was my longest AF record. Low sodium v8, Valium and magnesium didn’t work those two times.

Just a cocktail you may want to experiment. My cocktail worked like clockwork 45 minutes after my AF onset over a dozen times. I hope by sharing it could work for you.
Re: My AF cocktail
July 14, 2020 06:49PM
How much Valium did you use?
July 14, 2020 07:04PM
5mg
July 15, 2020 12:39AM
So strange. New since my ablation. My cocktail worked after being in nsr and getting out of bed that triggered AF when I woke up this morning. I (in nsr) then heard Whole Foods delivery and went outside to carry 5 bags in. Two were very lightweight —9 pieces of fruit in one, yogurts in the other. How much could peaches weigh? The remaining 3 bags were packed light with two bags of two 33 ounce water bottles and one bag of 3 water bottles. The act of bending over, my past known trigger immediately started AF again for the second time today. I was so frustrated by causing AF again that I took another 200mg elemental magnesium, low sodium v8 and a glass of water. It took 40-45 minutes and I was luckily back in nsr.

I decided to nap since I was feeling the effects of the Valium. When I woke up I took my pulse and it was steady. The second I got out of bed BOOM again! Second time today getting out of bed triggered af. I drank more water and another low sodium v8 and I was quickly back to nsr.

The strange events of 3 AF in one day is brand new. Is it a pattern for permanent AF? If I am in and out of AF so frequently would a ECV even matter to keep me in nsr for a bit?

Well update: the doorbell just rang again and one light bag of the “out of stock” cream cheese whole food didn’t have this morning arrived. My husband wanted to lift it. I decided to because I had gloves on. Kardia 6L says AF...4th time today. 3 from bending over swatting. The bag was so light!

I think it’s a faulty false positive device. My Apple Watch and Afibalert both said nsr. I feel like it’s af tho. My finger on my pulse picked up some random irregular beats. Another reading of iWatch -which is always false positive says nsr, same as my Afibalert. Last Kardia reading states unclassified.
July 16, 2020 04:10AM
Have you ever tried to add 100 mg of fleckanide to your cocktail ?
July 16, 2020 03:52PM
Flecainide used to work 100% with atenolol (tenormin) plus magnesium plus two 5.5oz low sodium v8 plus a Valium. Until one day I overdosed on flecainide and was in icu for 4 days.

I can no longer take flecainide. I’m on multaq.
I’m @hospital waiting to be ecv. I’m in flutter which my cocktail isn’t helping. It stopped my initial af but not flutter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login