Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone else working a CAC issue ?

Anyone else working a CAC issue ?
June 04, 2020 01:17PM
I had first CAC about 6 years ago and nobody bothered to explain to me what the numbers even meant. I understand this is typical of cardiologists. About 9 months ago I had 2nd CAC and, small surprise, found out that mine score increased at almost a perfect 50% annually. Since then and by accident I was already doing those things (losing weight, avoiding inflammation via sugar, carbs, OSA, etc. taking supplements esp K2 MK7 to (in theory) let fetuin-a and matrix gla etc do their thing. Anyone else here on that path?

Today I go back for a 3rd CAC and hoping for either regression or stabilization. If score is still going up I'll have to reexamine everything.
Ken
Re: Anyone else working a CAC issue ?
June 06, 2020 01:10PM
I had to look up CAC. For the others that don't know:

"Coronary artery calcium, often referred to as CAC, is the build-up of calcium in the heart’s major arteries. CAC is measured using non-invasive imaging tests and is associated with increased risk for heart events, even in patients who have no symptoms of heart disease."
June 06, 2020 03:04PM
NLAMAF - how much of the K2 MK7 are you taking daily and for how long?

Jackie
June 06, 2020 04:42PM
I'm of the opinion that a CAC scan is a better indicator of cardiovascular issues than lipids. If you have zero CAC score, then your risk is very low. If you have a non-zero CAC score, then, according to the Raggi paper, holding an annual volume increase to <15% gives you nearly the same risk as a zero score. CAC score thread., This guy materially regressed his CAC score.

If you are young, say less then than 50, then a zero CAC score would be expected and even older than that for females. If you are young and have a non-zero score, that is bad news. If you are elderly and have zero score, that is excellent news.

Widowmaker movie free movie.

Extra time movie [www.extratimemovie.com]

More on CAC IHDA.ie
June 07, 2020 05:05PM
Jackie - I am mainly focused on K2 MK7.

I take 2 koncentrated k a day with olive oil (backed by research) so that's 1mg.

I also did eat a serving of natto daily also with EVOO (another 1mg) and initially a lot of aged dutch gouda and french munster cheeses. .5 - 1mg)

In total about 2.5 - 3 mg daily.

Since the AF problem I've stopped eating dairy and natto so now just 1mg a day.

I've only had one ucOC lab and it was low but not optimal.
June 08, 2020 03:31PM
Got some good news today. My CAC regression strategy is working.

LM went from 54 to 0

LAD and RCA down 14%

Oddly LCX has gone up some - checking to see if a mistake was made.

It appears I am on track to have about a 30% reduction every 18 months.
June 08, 2020 04:57PM
Awesome!!! Congratulations!
June 09, 2020 09:43AM
A little further investigation overnight and assumed to be the case - within margin of error. But almost no matter what I've stabilized (stopped progression) and this was against a 5 yr slope of 50% annual progression. So this is a solid result.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login