Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The bright side of being back in AF

The bright side of being back in AF
May 30, 2020 11:03AM
I don't have to worry about what will knock me off the NSR tightrope.

I've already fallen and am dusting myself off once again. winking smiley
Re: The bright side of being back in AF
May 31, 2020 02:05PM
I could never look at AFIB like that. I HATED being in AFIB. Once I went into AFIB, I could only be converted by the Paddles. I was go into Persistent AFIB every time with a Heart Rate at times above 180 never less than 150 with spikes above 220 bpm. I was always Hospitalized due to high Heart Rate.
After 2 Ablations with Dr. Natale, I have been AFIB FREE since June 2016. I took a stress test around 2 weeks ago and had zero issues with palpitations. Also, I passed my stress test.😁 I was also wearing a N95 mask which makes it more difficult IMO but necessary in my opinion currently and the Hospital required it.
I do not take my current situation lightly. This Forum and Shannon was a absolute Godsend gift to myself and my Wife. As always, Thanks a Million to all on this Forum who helped guide me. Jackie is the best and George was a tremendous positive light.
May 31, 2020 03:31PM
I'm just saying that the 9 days I was in NSR, I watched every step to avoid a trigger and that took a lot of energy (maybe self defeating) but as I've written in other posts - NSR shouldn't be like walking a tightrope and I believe there's something fundamental to fix or try to fix before I go for the ablation.
June 01, 2020 05:09AM
I understand your point, as I've already got that feeling.
- Shall I have afib?
- Shall I self convert?
- How long will it take to do so?

Being in afib removes 1/3 of potential stress...
June 05, 2020 04:26AM
Smackman, like you I utterly despise being in AF. Hours of incredibly fast HR, nausea, chest pain, dizziness, passing out. I have been known to shreik out a very loud curse when I get an event and my neighbour once commented that she was worried about me grinning smiley.
NSR is such a blessing and I never take it for granted.
June 05, 2020 11:26AM
I took NSR for granted for 56 years. And I didn't take it for granted when I had 3 days in March and 9 days in May of NSR. AF is interfering with everything.

I will be talking/scheduling ablation sooner than later with Dr. N.

Last hope Tikoysn and getting hormones in order.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login