Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Reading the Phorum Issue

Posted by Ken 
Ken
Reading the Phorum Issue
May 28, 2020 11:20AM
In the past, when I open the web page and look for new posts (in bold) I read the new posts and close the thread. At that point the bold title would return to the normal print. However, now, the bold title remains bold after closing. Just me, or is it an issue for all?.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2020 11:20AM by Ken.
Re: Reading the Phorum Issue
May 28, 2020 01:20PM
If I refresh the tab after reading something the bold goes back to normal. I recall people discussing this a number of years ago. I think the recommendation was to clear your browser cookies and see if that helps.

Old thread
May 28, 2020 08:01PM
If you refresh the page after reading the active threads, you should see the bold go away. It's your browser caching the old page, not a problem with the forum.
May 29, 2020 09:00AM
On Windows 10 if you clear your cache and get rid of all cookies once in a while as they recommend you may have to log in again nest time you go to the site,
Ken
May 29, 2020 11:37AM
I think refreshing the page is the answer for the moment. It works. Thanks for the suggestion.
May 29, 2020 12:53PM
It would also be nice if replied to topics bumped up to front page.
Ken
May 29, 2020 03:24PM
I suggested that a few years ago and hit a road block. Maybe there is a change of heart.
May 29, 2020 04:55PM
These are all good suggestions but the problem is the forum software is quite old and doesn't have a lot of features we'd all like to have. It's vintage early 2000s stuff and really not up to modern standards. An upgrade is in the plans, but as you might imagine that's not a simple (or cheap) project. For now, we're working on modernizing the main site, and that will happen soon. Once that's done, we will tackle the forum.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login