Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

pv - ablation new device

Posted by ben saif 
pv - ablation new device
May 21, 2020 02:21PM
[www.eurekalert.org]

pv- ablation may become less risky and more efficient if this new technic proves its success in ongoing clinical trial.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2020 05:54PM by ben saif.
Re: pv - ablation new device
May 21, 2020 02:26PM
----------[www.radcliffecardiology.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2020 07:28AM by ben saif.
May 21, 2020 02:38PM
[www.wcbe.org]

Same topic from another source.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2020 06:55AM by ben saif.
May 22, 2020 06:57AM
Does it only work for PVI ?
May 22, 2020 08:09AM
It is based on (Electroporation) applications which is used in other medical fields like cancer treatment (nanoKnife).
May 22, 2020 10:39AM
Pompon
Does it only work for PVI ?

No, it can be used anywhere in the atria, and probably the ventricles as well. I expect it will become the technology of choice for all ablations in the future.
May 22, 2020 11:04AM
It's good news, then.
May 22, 2020 11:19AM
Will it have better results? If you have had a pervious ablation cryo or rfa will this new tool still work for the patient?
May 22, 2020 01:26PM
I believe the results are mostly in the hands of the EP, but if this new technology adds to safety, it's good news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2020 02:15AM by Pompon.
May 22, 2020 02:54PM
Shannon wrote about this in a number of posts in this thread from July 2019.
May 22, 2020 05:56PM
Thanks GeorgeN for referring to the very detailed and valuable post of Shannon about the subject.
May 23, 2020 02:25AM
Thanks, George.
This reveals, one more time, the need to be able to sort the threads by "active threads" as well than by "New threads".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/23/2020 05:26AM by Pompon.
May 23, 2020 09:54AM
Pompon
Thanks, George.
This reveals, one more time, the need to be able to sort the threads by "active threads" as well than by "New threads".

I happen to remember that Shannon had addressed this. He and I had also chatted about this with my 34 year old son in law with his afib. Shannon pointed out that if he can control it well for a while, this kind of technology may be available in the future. Not that you'd put off an ablation if you needed it. Fortunately my son in law has been able to control it well so far after he, Shannon and I chatted about it in Nov-Dec last year. He's been lucky and fairly early into his afib journey. He does have digestive triggers and generally follows my doc's (Gundry) eating plan. He's noted that deviation from this can cause PAC's (both with food choices, excess carbs and food quantity). This used to cause afib, but following the supplement and exercise suggestions has so far meant these deviations & PAC's do not now lead to afib. They did in Nov 2019 and earlier. Avoiding alcohol has also been a component of his keeping afib in remission. His BMI is 20.4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login