Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

PVC's and PAC's in waves?

Posted by Sdweller 
PVC's and PAC's in waves?
May 20, 2020 11:33AM
I was wondering if anyone experiences pvc's and pac's like I do? Most days, I have very few or almost none...and then I'll have a day/night when they are almost constant, and this can last for hours and sometimes even an entire day or more? I use Kardia, and these periods of high activity include both PVC and PAC's.

These periods also usually start pretty suddenly, and end pretty suddenly. Most of the time they do not end in afib, but sometimes they do.

I'd love to hear if others have similar experiences?
Re: PVC's and PAC's in waves?
May 20, 2020 01:33PM
I'm dealing with that. I've good and Bad weeks. Three years ago, I had PVCs in bi and trigeminal pattern that could last for hours.
Now, very few PVCs. They're mostly PACs, sometimes turning to afib.
They start and stop when they want. They're always combined with stomach discomfort.
May 20, 2020 01:49PM
I started getting PVCs around a month after my ablation. Then they became nonstop. They stopped abruptly 7 months later when I started saccharomyces Boulardii-a yeast supplement that claims to support the intestinal track. Harvard had a study that this helps IBD.

If you notice more pac or PVCs after stomach discomfort, I recommend you try this.
May 20, 2020 02:41PM
susan.d
They stopped abruptly 7 months later when I started saccharomyces Boulardii-a yeast supplement that claims to support the intestinal track. Harvard had a study that this helps IBD.

Peggy Merrill, who has been a contributor here for more than 16 years, noted many years ago that saccharomyces Boulardii significantly increased her magnesium bowel tolerance. It also helped with many other digestive issues she had.

Here is a search on her posts on the topic. A good read for those with digestive issues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2020 02:41PM by GeorgeN.
May 20, 2020 02:48PM
Maybe something to try.
I've tried probiotics, but not this one. It's a yeast, from what I've read.
I already tried s. cerevisiae, but without success.
Thanks for your suggestions.
May 21, 2020 07:41PM
I had an ablation in Bordeaux about 12 years ago, after a number of unsuccessful ablations in Vancouver. Things were pretty good until about 4 years ago, when I started getting a lot of extra beats, usually at night. It was a period of high stress, but didn't seem to go away when the stress ended. About 6 months ago I was getting hundreds if not thousands of them per day, early morning, after dinner, sometimes during the day. They would very rarely turn into AFIB.

But about 2 months ago they almost stopped. What changed? Well, maybe less work related stress due to COVID 19 shut downs, although I work for myself and still do some work every day. I also stopped swimming every day, and doing weights twice a week. And due to bowel intolerance, cut back my magnesium intake from about 400 to 280 to 200 per day. Also cut back potassium supplementing from about 1000 mg per day to about 100 mg per day. And cut back Vitamin C from 2-3000 per day, to 1000 per day.

Don't really know if any of the above are the reason for the change, or it's just random. AFIB and related extra beats have always seemed kind of random to me - every time I think I have it figured out, boom!
May 22, 2020 06:51AM
Doug S.
(...) Don't really know if any of the above are the reason for the change, or it's just random. AFIB and related extra beats have always seemed kind of random to me - every time I think I have it figured out, boom!

Just as you wrote.
I've ordered some saccharomyces boulardii. Nothing to lose, IMO.
May 22, 2020 08:10AM
Wow Doug...that is interesting. I agree much of this seems random, I try to follow patterns in my life but sometimes the amount of heart "disruptions" I have do not follow any habit patterns, etc. However, I do wonder if your stopping swimming daily could be a key, as excessive exercise does seem to have some effect on the heart....the herder I work out the less stable my heart can seem. At least that is one pattern I've noticed.
May 22, 2020 11:02AM
Don't you think it's hard to find a sure trigger because our possible triggers are a combination of at least 3 or 4 elements?

Say, stress+tiredness+some kind of food... or exercise+some kind of beverage+some kind of food...

Combinations are endless.
July 07, 2020 04:05PM
Pompn can I ask....you' have experienced these pvc's and pac's for years....sometimes turning to afib....how long does the afib last usually...and how long are the episodes of the pvc's? >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login