Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My ablation worked for 244 days

Posted by susan.d 
My ablation worked for 244 days
May 20, 2020 12:36AM
[postimg.cc]

It’s either AF or flutter or SVT or all. It’s was darn fast. I was doing great. My constant PVCs just cold turkey stopped. Today by mistake I thought I had a can of sardines delivered and it was anchovies. Very high sodium. Pre ablation I would had gone straight into AF. But unsteady my heart at 1pm was fine but my BP was high. 173/96. I took my Tenormin and lisinopril and a Valium for good luck and slept until 5 to wake up to high BP still.

Then for some remarkable stupid move, I ate a tiny peach. It was mostly pit.,In the past one piece of fruit never bothered me...just a large carb load would put me in AF.

And I went into this 205HR af or flutters or SVT.

Darn darn.

I spoke to Dr Natale NP. tonight. Dr Natale is luckily in town and they will review my Kardia strips and if I am still in AF by morning I will go in for a visit tomorrow because my Hr is now in the 120s, 130-150s. It’s not serious to go now as long as my hr is dropping.,I took my evening dose of Tenormin so hopefully my hr will drop. The hospital in TO is supposed to be safe in the cardio lab area. They do a routine rapid 45 minute corona test before entering. I was told to avoid Cedars-Sinai because the virus is high there.

I thought the ablation worked. Maybe it’s SVT and not AF. I can’t diagnose a strip. I had by chance my returned schedule local EP video appointment today and even my Ep was raving how successful the ablation was because he knew salt was my trigger. I can kick myself. Back to square one.
Re: My ablation worked for 244 days
May 20, 2020 01:07AM
Sorry to hear this, but no reason to kick yourself. It's not something you did.
May 20, 2020 01:11AM
My Tenormin kicked in and the AF is in the 70s now. Better than 205. it’s a wonderful drug.
May 20, 2020 01:23AM
Carey
Sorry to hear this, but no reason to kick yourself. It's not something you did.

I caused it. 100% my doing. I didn’t restrict my diet to pre ablation intensity of deprivation of most foods just to reassure I wouldn’t trigger AF. If I didn’t eat the anchovies (they are nasty) at 12:39pm and a tiny tiny peach this evening I would be in nsr right now and I wouldn’t have caused more af pathways. That’s more hotspots to ablate.

I don’t like being in Af until tomorrow. If it wasn’t for the ERs being cesspools with covid19 I would be getting a cardio conversion right now instead of increasing my AF burden.

I was doing so well..my PVCs stopped after 7.5 months.
May 20, 2020 04:51AM
So sorry the beast is back for you.
You're sure you did worse, but it might as well has been something else...
Are you sure it was the really first time you ate something you should not ? 244 days is already long...
It's maybe because the beast just wanted to come back...

I'm telling this for I can't count the number of times I've said 'I should not have done this or that...'
Nevertheless, I hope you got it right with your trigger. This way, you know how and why...
May 20, 2020 09:01AM
I woke up to 166/109 BP still in AF. I’m told by Natale office they could convert me today at the clean catherine lab. I would not have to go to the ER. I just don’t know how to get to the hospital. I can’t drive freeways and I am clean of covid19 because I’ve been home for 65 days so I don’t have covid19. I’m fearful to take a lyft. The driver is exposed to many passengers. I can’t ask friends because Thousand Oaks where Natale is located is 45 minutes away. I don’t want someone sitting and waiting in their car for hours. At least the Temperature today is 75, low 48..

Good timing Natale is in town here.
May 20, 2020 09:28AM
I think many consider an afib episode sometime after an ablation to mean it was "unsuccessful". I had my ablation at Clev Clinic in 2014, prior to that I was getting multiple episodes daily, adding up to hours of afib daily. Since the procedure, I get on average, 3 episodes per year, 1-3 hours each.

I do not know if I am the norm, but I consider the ablation to be a BIG success for me! I know everyone wants a "cure"....a magic bullet...but I'm afraid that does not exist. My life is infinitely better since my ablation, give it some time, overall improvement is still possible!
May 20, 2020 09:41AM
I wish if I have to be in af for the episode to only last 1-3 hours. This is straight af since yesterday.,because I am in Af I am creating more pathways which requires another ablation. I hope I can go back on multaq to get relief.
May 20, 2020 03:20PM
I’m sitting in dr Natale office for an exam and then a cardiovert at the hospital away from the Er. If one ever has a breakthrough af, it’s luck dr Natale is in town.
May 20, 2020 06:33PM
I just saw dr Natale. Unknown to the policy of the hospital, I had to take a covid19 test—even tho I have been housebound for 245 days before I am scheduled tomorrow to be converted. I asked the staff at the ablation lab how often do they get tested? 3 nurses laughed and said they were never tested. So I had a choice of being admitted to the hospital until the test comes back or go home. I’m sitting starved on a wall begging for a lift home. Nobody at the hospital respects the 6 foot distancing. Gosh. I’m back temporarily on multaq. I hope I convert so I don’t have to return.
May 21, 2020 08:08PM
You are in California right? I just went to a Hospital in North Louisiana for s Nuclear Stress Test. I had to enter through the ER. My Wife was not allowed but we knew this ahead of time.
I was there approximately 4 hours total. My only requirement was to wear a mask and answer around 10 yes and no questions concerning Covid 19. No Covid 19 test. There was 5 of us in a room taking this Test social distancing etc.
It’s all about where you live. My Stress Test was good and never went into AFIB, No arrhythmias Thank God. I have had 2 Ablations with Dr. Natale and I firmly believe in this man as A Superman EP. Since June 2016, All is good.
I do not believe a peach nor any other specific foods will put you into AFIB. Sometimes it just happens. I do know from obsessing over situation like AFIB seems to cause me severe Arrhythmias and I would not touch a Benzo like Valium ever again.
I pray all is well.
May 21, 2020 08:57PM
Thanks smackman. His PA and Natale speculates the added sodium that raised my BP could had triggered the AF...not the tiny (2” round) peach.

I was so used to (2004 to ablation) worrying if I ate a carb or ate a peach that I would go into AF. I obsessed for 16 years. Since the ablation in September I’ve been eating reasonably but not obsessed. It was so calm to eat normal and felt I was back to pre 2004 AF days of carefree eating.

I was debating on that darn peach. I put it back in the fridge and then thought heck I will be ok. 20 minutes later I was in AF. It was the entire tin of anchovies. 2.5 servings per can at 870s mg of sodium per serving that did me in. I immediately took a lisinopril after realizing it wasn’t sardines... and a Tenormin and drank a lot. I was already scheduled hours later for a phone appointment with my general local EP. He said the ablation was a success because with all that sodium I should had been in AF. Af occurred 7 hours after the anchovies. I took a Valium and a 4 hour nap to lower my BP because my BP was 174/109 with the drugs. Obviously the nap didn’t work.

Yes I live in CA. Thousand Oaks has less corona than LA but it’s a drive. I was very pleased with the hospital. Unlike you, I avoided the ER and went straight to the cath lab.
May 22, 2020 10:26AM
susan.d
Thanks smackman. His PA and Natale speculates the added sodium that raised my BP could had triggered the AF...not the tiny (2” round) peach.

I was so used to (2004 to ablation) worrying if I ate a carb or ate a peach that I would go into AF. I obsessed for 16 years. Since the ablation in September I’ve been eating reasonably but not obsessed. It was so calm to eat normal and felt I was back to pre 2004 AF days of carefree eating.

I was debating on that darn peach. I put it back in the fridge and then thought heck I will be ok. 20 minutes later I was in AF. It was the entire tin of anchovies. 2.5 servings per can at 870s mg of sodium per serving that did me in. I immediately took a lisinopril after realizing it wasn’t sardines... and a Tenormin and drank a lot. I was already scheduled hours later for a phone appointment with my general local EP. He said the ablation was a success because with all that sodium I should had been in AF. Af occurred 7 hours after the anchovies. I took a Valium and a 4 hour nap to lower my BP because my BP was 174/109 with the drugs. Obviously the nap didn’t work.

Yes I live in CA. Thousand Oaks has less corona than LA but it’s a drive. I was very pleased with the hospital. Unlike you, I avoided the ER and went straight to the cath lab.
The Parish I went to has a populations of 55000. The total covid-19 count is 130. That number does not subtract the ones who are now texting negative after having the Virus. That head count means less than .25% of the population has tested positive for this Virus that is now so Political.
4 individuals were in the ER all waiting to take a Stress test.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login