Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Final Post on June 2018 Bordeaux Ablation

Posted by Sam 
Sam
Final Post on June 2018 Bordeaux Ablation
May 08, 2020 10:39AM
After the ablation my heart was perfect; NSR with hardly a PAC.
I let myself become confident when a year passed with no problems but 1 month later I had an episode. 7 months after that a second episode. 6 weeks later a third and 2 weeks later 2 episodes in 3 days.

Clearly, in spite of the really difficult process of arranging the op. a flight, accommodation, TOE and blood tests for the same week (partly because of where I live), I really need a follow up. But when I will be able to fly to Bordeaux is anybody's guess. I would imagine it will be some time next year. Until then it's daily Flec - no matter how poorly I feel on it.
Re: Final Post on June 2018 Bordeaux Ablation
May 08, 2020 10:49AM
Rats - I thought you were going to say that drinking Margaux cured your AF.
May 08, 2020 02:24PM
You probably have to just plan on going back to Bordeaux at least once every year or two. At least for the next few years. (Until you’ve achieved at least 6 ablations!)
May 11, 2020 05:55AM
Where did you get that idea?

All I've read, including posts here, show that 80% of Bordeaux patients get long lasting results from the first ablation and the remaining 20% only need one more.
May 11, 2020 08:59AM
That could well be. I guess I get frustrated with this disease as it seems to be a never-ending battle.
May 12, 2020 06:43PM
Allofus

After many ynears of paroxysmal AF and 18 months of persistent AF I had ablation in Bordeaux in January 2003, followed three days later by a second because of recurrence. In those far off days very few EPs would even attempt ablation for persistent AF.

Since then I have been in nsr - 17 years and counting. I get a lot of ectopics but supplements dampen them down so I hardly notice them.

Gill.
May 12, 2020 07:32PM
Thanks, Gill! It’s stories like yours that give the rest of us hope. Shannon, also, has had a lot of success with his procedures. I hope there will continue to be medical breakthroughs in this field, to help everyone that struggles with this condition.

Bordeaux is very famous and I hope my previous comment was not misinterpreted.

I like how they did your ablation, Gill, where if they missed a spot they corrected it a few days later.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login