Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Regular cough since ablation

Posted by cirenepurzalot 
Regular cough since ablation
April 27, 2020 07:59PM
Shortly after my ablation I noticed that I had a pretty regular dry cough. (No other symptoms.) Is it possible that this is due to my ablation in any way, such as throat or esophagus irritation, etc...? Or maybe there's chance it's allergy related, although I never had this before! It's been over a month. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2020 08:21PM by cirenepurzalot.
Re: Regular cough since ablation
April 27, 2020 09:15PM
How shortly after your ablation?
April 27, 2020 09:16PM
It’s very possible from the intubation but that would just be for a few days after the procedure, not a month. I’d suspect something else like seasonal allergies. Do check with your doctor, though.
April 28, 2020 03:21AM
Thanks. I can recall but I think it was within a week or so.
April 28, 2020 11:16AM
Probably not related to the ablation. A dry cough is a symptom of COVID-19, so if you develop a fever you should call your doctor and ask what to do. Quarantining yourself might not be a bad idea.
April 28, 2020 11:40AM
Thanks. To be extra safe I've been in self quarantine for over a month. No other symptoms.

I was concerned that they might've caused some esophagus or throat irritation during the procedure. The anesthesiologist did knick me bad under my tongue and bruised the back of my throat during the process. So, I didn't know what else she did as well.
April 28, 2020 03:30PM
See wolfpack's comment. Any problems caused by the intubation would have been apparent right away and it wouldn't show up a week later and then last a month. Very unlikely it's related to the ablation.
April 28, 2020 03:55PM
Ok thanks Carey. I appreciate it. Hopefully it's just allergies.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login