Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Book: The LAF Surveys: What we learned about the causes and treatment of lone atrial fibrillation

Posted by GeorgeN 
Hans Larsen created and ran this afibbers.org for about 15 years. He just released The LAF Surveys: What we learned about the causes and treatment of lone atrial fibrillation This book is a collection of the surveys he ran during that time, as well as his analysis of the results. It is very complete and detailed. I joined the group in 2004, when I had my first afib episode. I had an episode that lasted 2.5 months, within the first 4 months. My EP suggested I stay out of rhythm as my afib heart rate was low. I had other ideas. I read all of Hans’ surveys to that point, as well as other information, including studies from PubMed. I used this information to create an afib remission program that I follow to this day. While not perfect, this program has treated me well. I’ve generally had only one or two episodes/year since then, lasting about an hour. Hans has included a description of on-demand use of flecainide to convert episodes. I originally learned this from his writing and successfully use this concept to this day to convert myself to NSR when I do go out of rhythm. My program is essentially what I recently prescribed for my son in law and described here.

While it can be perplexing to find the right solution to afib, the information in this book can give you many ideas to try. I recommend the book highly.
Thanks for letting us know about this. I looked all through this, and it is interesting that there are several instances in which Hans states that the Surveys indicate that LAF rarely progresses into becoming permanent. I think one references Vagal LAF, and the other refers to LAF in general. This goes against the current fatalistic mentality frequently espoused on this site that AF will progress to become permanent, thus requiring Ablation intervention, and failing that acceptance of almost certain Permanent AF.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2020 02:41PM by The Anti-Fib.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login