Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Natale questions

Posted by Driver 
Natale questions
April 15, 2020 07:50PM
Received a 2nd opinion before my trip to Texas today from a experienced RFA operator (3600 rfa) The Dr I saw today has worked with Natale in the past. He had great things to say about Natale. He did have reservations about going to Natale for my 1st ablation, he stated Natale is very aggressive with his burns.

Question- is Natale to aggressive for a 1st time abalation?

Benifts of his aggression in burns?

Left office feeling more confused then ever🤔
Re: Natale questions
April 15, 2020 08:35PM
I've heard this criticism many times and it burns my ass. (pun intended)

Natale burns what needs to be burned and no more. His success rates trump probably every other EP in the world, so calling him "too aggressive" is just plain baffling and makes no sense. That's like saying Babe Ruth hit baseballs too aggressively. Where he excels is knowing how to map the sources of AF and where to burn to stop it. Other EPs of lesser skills calling that "too aggressive" reeks of professional jealousy.

I visited three highly-respected EPs who were "less aggressive" than Natale and they did five unsuccessful ablations on me, leaving me virtually disabled with AF and AFL for two years. Natale did one ablation -- the shortest of all six, incidentally -- and left me with perfect NSR for almost three years now.

You cannot imagine how much I sincerely wish I had visited the "aggressive" guy first. It would have saved me years of misery and $10s of thousands of dollars. Ask yourself how many ablations you want. If your answer is one, then your best odds of achieving that are already scheduled.
April 15, 2020 08:45PM
I cannot thank you enough for your time and kindness in helping me and many others, means alot to me in these tough times

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2020 09:12PM by Driver.
April 16, 2020 06:01AM
Carey, that's a great story and one I ve seen you post over the years. Natale's reputation is seconded by many others here and on other blogs. I am wondering however after Natale has hung up the blades, would you have the same level of confidence in any of his team? I would hope he is passing on his skills to many others who work with him daily. Next question is, why cant other EPs or facilities copy this obviously skilled EP? It burns my ass also to read of more unsuccessful reports than successful. Thanks
April 16, 2020 01:20PM
Even if you're talented and trained by Lionel Messi, you'll likely not become a second Lionel Messi.
April 16, 2020 03:02PM
Well, there's truth to what Pompon said, but Natale spends a huge amount of time traveling and training other EPs. In fact, the time he spends training is what led to Cleveland Clinic not renewing his contract years ago despite the fact that he does the training on his own time and money. If he stopped doing procedures and I needed one, I would definitely seek out one of his proteges.

As for the success rates, there are a lot of EPs out there doing ablations who shouldn't be. There are a lot of centers doing ablations that shouldn't be.
April 16, 2020 04:56PM
Carey
I would definitely seek out one of his proteges.

In 2008, I referred my cousin to one of Natale's early protégés, Sergio Pinski, at CC Weston, FL. My cousin lives in the area and was given bad advice, in my opinion, by an EP in the area. I insisted he go to Dr. Pinski for a second opinion. My cousin went with Pinksi for a still durable afib/aflutter ablation.
April 20, 2020 06:49PM
Carey

You cannot imagine how much I sincerely wish I had visited the "aggressive" guy first. It would have saved me years of misery and $10s of thousands of dollars. Ask yourself how many ablations you want. If your answer is one, then your best odds of achieving that are already scheduled.

Ditto, only in my case it was three years at the hands of a "non aggressive" guy with 3 failed attmepts who I now call incompetent. Natale gave me my life back. If that is aggressive, good.
April 21, 2020 05:56PM
Although I received close to 10 years of NSR from my first ablation from a local EP who I highly respect. I often wonder if I had gone to Natale back then if it would have been longer.
I do know that with my experience with Natale. And the interest with wich my local EP follows my case and how Natale handles it. I wouldn't recommend anyone else.
April 25, 2020 09:00PM
I had my Natale ablation about 1 month ago and I've been feeling awesome overall! So happy I saw him.
April 26, 2020 12:00AM
That's great to hear!
April 26, 2020 06:18PM
cirenepurzalot
I had my Natale ablation about 1 month ago and I've been feeling awesome overall! So happy I saw him.
I’m happy for you!
April 26, 2020 06:47PM
susan.d

I’m happy for you!
Thanks! This forum was like a real support group for me. So thanks to you all!!!
April 27, 2020 03:27PM
Did you ask him what's the disadvantage of being "too aggressive"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login