Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

June Ablation with Dr. N

Posted by Driver 
June Ablation with Dr. N
April 14, 2020 07:12PM
Finally after last year when my insurance denied my pre authorization for a Natale ablation, I'm on his schedule this June. My insurance now doesn't require a pre authorization for the procedure go figure.

Will I have to stop flec/met before procedure?

I hear alot of stories of a flutter after an ablation. Is aflutter likely or less likely to come up after?

Hoping for a speedy bounce back and one and done. My afibb has always self terminated but I have had one 72hr episode. My local EP was confident he could solve with cryo. I'm not taking any chances I want someone who will search out and destroy my issues.

Anything that you can recommend I do before the procedure would be welcome news.

40 year old male

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/14/2020 07:16PM by Driver.
Re: June Ablation with Dr. N
April 14, 2020 07:46PM
IMHO - you should be getting these directions from Dr. Natale's staff.
April 14, 2020 07:55PM
Yes, you'll have to stop the flec/met a few days before the procedure. When they send you instructions they'll tell you exactly when. They'll probably have you stop the flecainide 5 days beforehand and the metoprolol a day or two before.

Flutter is a not an uncommon complication of AF ablations -- and you're talking to a guy who knows that in spades -- but considering who's doing your procedure, you've minimized the chances of that. To answer your question directly, it is far less likely to occur than more likely.

I think you made the right choice choosing a world-class EP over a local EP who wants to do cryo. Cryo might work out fine for you, but if you're into maximizing your odds, you made the right call. I think that's particularly true given your age. You want to get this done now and done right.

The only thing I can recommend beforehand is relax, don't stress about it, follow their pre-op instructions religiously, and of course treat your body well.
April 14, 2020 09:52PM
Natale team has been great!

I'm sure I've made the right choice in EP. I get hung up some time because I'll have a good stretch of no afibb or like February had almost nightly episodes. Start second guessing wether to ablate or wait. Not getting any younger been dealing with this for almost 10yrs, time to put it to bed.
April 14, 2020 10:15PM
Driver
Natale team has been great!

I'm sure I've made the right choice in EP. I get hung up some time because I'll have a good stretch of no afibb or like February had almost nightly episodes. Start second guessing wether to ablate or wait. Not getting any younger been dealing with this for almost 10yrs, time to put it to bed.

Good decision!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login