Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

University of Pennsylvania.

Posted by billyb 
University of Pennsylvania.
March 15, 2020 03:58PM
Hello all,

Back on forum after long absence. Mixed feelings. about being back! Paroxysmal fib since 28 years old. Now 61. Ablation 2005 at U of Pa. Now maxed out on meds and the beast is returning. Never went away but was somewhat controlled w meds. i.e. couple of sessions a month. Resolve w/I 7-10 hours. Getting worse. Thinking of Natale but really don't want LAA messed with. Rather stay on meds and have them ablate other hot spots. I am well versed on pros and cons.

Anyway 2 questions:

In looking at my procedure report from 2005 I now see that the dose of Isoproternol was limited due to hypotension therefore they could not properly test for hot spots. Maximum HR was 154. Anyone know about this happening during procedures. (Hypotension limiting the study) Anything prophylactically to make sure doesn't happen again. More fluids, drugs?

Also I appreciate that this is a pro Natale forum but anyone have experience recently or in past w anyone at U of Pa ? 15 years ago I had Marchlinski who is suppose to be one of the best.

Thanks in advance!
Re: University of Pennsylvania.
March 15, 2020 04:03PM
Marchlinksi is still practicing and that's who I would recommend at Penn.

Natale doesn't ablate the LAA as a matter of course. He only does so if necessary, and I suppose you could tell him in advance not to do so even if he finds that it's an afib source.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login