Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ECG/EKG monitor for Asus phone?

Posted by Gill 
ECG/EKG monitor for Asus phone?
March 12, 2020 02:07PM
My niece, who lives in a tiny village in the French Alps, has just been diagnosed with paroxysmal AF. She saw a cardiologist for the first time today, and he recommended that she get an ECG phone so that she can send him ECGs. He suggested a Withings watch because it was cheaper than Apple Watch. I have never heard of Withings and I suggested a Kardia Instead because I've used one myself but they don’t seem compatible with an Asus phone, which is what she has.

Would a watch be the best thing for her? Would some other hand held device be better if she wants to continue wearing her own watch? How do other hand held monitors work? Grateful for any information - she is very active, skiing, snowboarding, paddle boarding etc, is in her late 40s and otherwise fit and well.

Gill
Re: ECG/EKG monitor for Asus phone?
March 12, 2020 04:23PM
According to Whiting's web site the watch isn't available for sale yet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2020 07:38PM by Carey.
March 12, 2020 05:17PM
Seems to be available on Amazon UK [www.amazon.co.uk]

I’ve never heard of the brand, no idea if it’s any good.

Gill
March 12, 2020 07:40PM
That's really strange that their own web site would say it's unavailable yet they're selling it on Amazon.
March 12, 2020 08:07PM
[smile.amazon.com]

Cheap. Works with android operating software. Is Asus run android 4.4 > software? It can save to share your ecg readings. It can also alert sleep apnea episodes which is cool- I wish iWatch had this feature.

I had a similar one before my iWatch.
March 13, 2020 03:20PM
Gill,

I think Pompon mentioned he had a stand alone device. You might PM him.

Second, you might pass on my exercise intensity advice I gave to my afibber son-in-law here.. Am at a conference and connected with my MD friend who has been training this way for 20 years. He's an avid marathoner who has run 30 marathons under 3 hours. We talked about afib caused by excessive exercise and he agrees that the advice to stick to Zone 2, MAF heart rate (180-age) or nasal breathing only make a lot of sense. He also concurs that these 3 methods are generally equivalent.

George
March 14, 2020 03:41AM
I've
this kind of device. It works fine, but Windows only, AFAIK.
No problem for me, as it has its own screen and memory, so no phone required, and I can record, store, download on PC and send tracings to my Doc if needed.

I think they sell this model with bluetooth function, but I've not tried it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2020 03:45AM by Pompon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login