Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Natale

Posted by Elizabeth 
Dr. Natale
March 06, 2020 06:03PM
Does Dr. Natale and the doctors at St. Davids do all kinds of heart surgeries? After the Echo that I had prior to my failed cardioversion showed that I have a severe Regurgitation of my Tricuspid Valve, Dilated Annulus and Normal leaflets. If one is not affected, I guess nothing is done, I will be going for the 3 day hospital stay for the Tikosyn and cardioversion in about a month and a half (hope that corona virus is gone by then) and will be armed with a lot of questions.

In my reading about TR (tricuspid regurgitation), I read that the loss of contraction of the Myocardium surrounding the annulus is the leading mechanism of TR, thus AF can also contribute also a pacemaker, how about that.

Liz

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2020 08:02PM by Carey.
Re: Dr. Natale
March 06, 2020 08:15PM
Dr. Natale isn't a surgeon so he doesn't do valve surgery at all, but St. David's has cardiac surgeons who do.

But that's not something I would travel to Austin for. Tricuspid repair/replacement is a well established procedure with many competent operators around the country. Just make sure whoever you see about it is highly experienced doing the procedure and the center does a high volume.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login