Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Two Years and Doing Well

Posted by GaryS 
Two Years and Doing Well
February 23, 2020 11:31PM
H All,

It's been a long time since I posted here. Two years ago today I received my ablation by Dr. Natale. I had a rough recovery, with pericarditis, and later on a cardioversion. But once things settled down, my life returned to normal. Thanks to Shannon, I got in touch with God's gift to afib (Natale) and am so blessed that he did my procedure. I just want to encourage anyone who is struggling with whether to have an ablation done by Dr. Natale (assuming this is an option for you), to do so. I am quite fortunate to have had him perform my procedure. I still get PVCs, but my life is so much better. Haven't had fib since the cardio version (post-ablation). Thanks again to Shannon for making this happen.
Re: Two Years and Doing Well
February 23, 2020 11:47PM
That's great news Gary.

I'm getting close to being 1 year from a touch-up ablation by Natale. My original was in July of 2018. I feel so much better. Especially since I got some other issues straightened out..

NSR is a wonderful thing
February 24, 2020 12:35AM
Pericarditis is an inflammation in the sack that the heart sits in, and you say Dr Natalie did the procedure? I have read that it is very painful, I guess things can happen even with Natalie.

L
February 24, 2020 09:35AM
Yes--loving life in NSR.
Yes, my pericarditis was following my procedure with Dr. Natale. It was pretty severe, but pericarditis is not that unusual from what I understand.
February 24, 2020 03:34PM
Hi Gary,

Great to hear that you are doing so well, as expected!

For those who may not be familiar with the term pericarditis, it simply means inflammation in or around the pericardium which is a protective outer sack or membrane around the actual heart. Keep in mind that pericarditis has a wide range of manifestation, from the far more typical mild-to-moderate pericarditis that most experience as not much more than a modest focus of pressure or discomfort in the center of he chest during the first few days post ablation arising from the inflammation within the atria from any AFIB ablation ranging in symptoms from mild to more intensive and longer-lasting symptoms less frequently.

And Gary, your relatively longer-lasting pericarditis was a bit more rare variety than is typically seen after most ablations. The vast majority of post ablation pericarditis I have followed through legions of Afibbers from our forum over the many years, typically requires nothing more than a handful of doses of Advil or Tylenol for from 24 hrs to 72 hours max. And even from the first day, it rarely is more than a moderate discomfort in the center of the chest covering an area roughly the diameter of a silver dollar that most often quite rapidly subsides. And a good number of Afibbers never even notice any such discomfort at all post ablation.

It runs the gamut, and each person is different as well in how we all experience an ablation, or any other medical procedure. Fortunately, Gary, your rougher road with pericarditis is a relative exception rather than the rule following an ablation, and yet you handled it all very well, considering.

Dont be too scarce around here as well Gary ...

Cheers!
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/24/2020 06:02PM by Shannon.
February 26, 2020 09:13PM
Dr. Natale did my one and only ablation seven years ago and I continue to be free from a fib. Each day free from a fib is a win.

Many years more of sinus rhythm to you!
Betty
March 02, 2020 10:29PM
Congrats Gary! I'm going in for my FIRST ablation in about 2 weeks. I hope I dont get pericarditis. Sorry you had to deal with that. But, I'm glad you're doing well. Same goes for Betty and everyone else!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login