Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Normal Vitamin D Level

Posted by allofus 
Normal Vitamin D Level
February 22, 2020 04:27PM
I've seen several posts by members of this forum confirming their low vitamin D status. Is there anyone that has had AF for many years, but did a lot of outdoor/sunshine work, maintained a normal ~65 Vitamin D level, yet who still had frequent episodes?

Thanks.
Re: Normal Vitamin D Level
February 22, 2020 05:08PM
allofus
I've seen several posts by members of this forum confirming their low vitamin D status. Is there anyone that has had AF for many years, but did a lot of outdoor/sunshine work, maintained a normal ~65 Vitamin D level, yet who still had frequent episodes?

Thanks.
I had normal levels—65 or above, but still developed Afib, though my EP got it under control with meds before the episodes became frequent. I did need to supplement to get those levels though. I believe that it is not just Afibbers who have low levels, but the general population—most of whom don’t have Afib. Still, there may be a connection.
February 22, 2020 06:40PM
Do a topic search here for posts on K2 MK7. There are many and with lots of good information.

The point is that when you begin optimizing vitamin D3 intake or if you would test (25 OHD test) and have a naturally high level, then you need to balance that out by taking the form of Vitamin K2 - Menaquinone 7 - which helps direct circulating calcium into bones (where it belongs) and helps prevent soft tissue deposits such as in arteries (atherosclerosis) or even making bone spurs.

K2 MK4 also helps but has a short active period; therefore the studies indicate that the K2 MK7 is the best choice when supplementing for that purpose. Some supplements contain both MK4 and MK7.

The Vitamin K1 is that which is involved in blood clotting... abundant in plant materials and that's why when on Coumadin/warfarin, patients are told to limit plant intake.

I have not seen a warning that there is interference with Eliquis when taking just the K2 MK7. I've taken the combo for six years.

I supplement with Vitamin D3 year round.. .less in the summer when there is sunshine and double dose in the winter and use the product by Jarrow K2 MK7 - 1 capsule has 90 micrograms... and so I double that amount in winter.
[www.vitacost.com]

Jackie
February 22, 2020 06:40PM
No Vitamin D issues but plenty of AFIB issues until my 2nd Ablation in summer 2016. IMO Crap just happens. Nothing I mean nothing but a ECV brought me out of AFIB.
February 22, 2020 06:54PM
Jackie
The point is that when you begin optimizing vitamin D3 intake or if you would test (25 OHD test) and have a naturally high level, then you need to balance that out by taking the form of Vitamin K2 - Menaquinone 7 - which helps direct circulating calcium into bones (where it belongs) and helps prevent soft tissue deposits such as in arteries (atherosclerosis) or even making bone spurs.
Yep, I also take that! Thanks for the good explanation.
February 22, 2020 09:41PM
Thanks everyone !
Joe
February 23, 2020 08:40PM
Jackie
Do a topic search here for posts on K2 MK7. There are many and with lots of good information.

K2 MK4 also helps but has a short active period; therefore the studies indicate that the K2 MK7 is the best choice when supplementing for that purpose. Some supplements contain both MK4 and MK7.

The Vitamin K1 is that which is involved in blood clotting... abundant in plant materials and that's why when on Coumadin/warfarin, patients are told to limit plant intake.

I have not seen a warning that there is interference with Eliquis when taking just the K2 MK7. I've taken the combo for six years.

I supplement with Vitamin D3 year round.. .less in the summer when there is sunshine and double dose in the winter and use the product by Jarrow K2 MK7 - 1 capsule has 90 micrograms... and so I double that amount in winter.
[www.vitacost.com]

Jackie

First, preventing small lipoprotein, oxidized small LP u.o. and lack of inflammation prevent atrial sclerosis??? If one fails to do that then having hard plaque (calcified) is surely better than having soft plaque?
February 24, 2020 02:05PM
Should check out the link between excess calcium along with the Vit D. There is certainly something there.
February 26, 2020 06:10AM
I dont question the D3 levels of 65 and dosing to get there, but the dosage of K2 seems to be all over the board from brand to brand.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login