Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone had a pvc ablation?

Posted by susan.d 
Has anyone had a pvc ablation?
February 20, 2020 10:23PM
If so was it robotic stereotaxic guided or by hand?

It’s time dated. I have to make a decision very soon. Any experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Re: Has anyone had a pvc ablation?
February 21, 2020 03:45PM
Nobody on this forum has ever had a pvc ablation? I am surprised. If anyone has had one I would appreciate hearing of their experiences. Thank you!
Ken
February 21, 2020 03:52PM
I am sure many of us have, but I am not sure about the robotics. I am guessing that the Dr would have mentioned it if that was what he did, so I would venture a no. I don't recall robotics having been mentioned here, so few, if any of us have had it. All speculation.
February 21, 2020 04:32PM
So I guess if I don’t hear from anyone then I am the sole bad luck case who needs a pvc ablation after an af ablation Who posts on this forum. Bummer. I wanted to hear some experiences in recover, how evasive in # of burns, etc. I read that pvc can occur after an ablation due to inflammation but I am surprised I maybe the only poster who needs a pvc ablation so soon (less than 6 months) after the first one. I was supposed to had gotten another holter yesterday to see if my pvc burden increased but they told me there is no need after reading the 12 lead ekg. I need another ablation for PVCs ...

SO if you ever had a pvc ablation after an AF ablation please don’t be shy...you can PM me.
February 21, 2020 05:25PM
Are you going to have Dr. N do it? Found this paper.
February 21, 2020 06:01PM
Thank you George N! Holy Cr*p!

“ however, the safety and efficacy of ablation in these patients remains unclear...(sic)... Two ablation-related mortalities occurred. One patient died of coronary artery injury during the procedure and the other died from infectious endocarditis. Location (left ventricle and epicardium) was the main predictor of complications, with right ventricular outflow tract (RVOT) predicting fewer complications...(sic)... Conclusion:
Locations of left ventricle and epicardium were predictors of procedural complications for patients with PVCs. Therefore, ablation is not recommended in these patients. For other origins of PVCs, particularly RVOT origin, ablation is a safety and effective treatment.”

Yes N will do it.—left ventricle...He prefers Austin because he uses stereotactic robotic guidance but he agrees its better if I don’t fly alone to Austin. He is willing to try locally without stereotactic but if there is a chance it won’t work he will close me up and I would go to Austin for the stereotactic guidance.

Thus my requests if anyone has had a pvc ablation.
February 21, 2020 06:32PM
I would trust Dr. N to do it, and I'd do what I could to get it done in Austin, if possible, if it were me.
Ken
February 22, 2020 09:13AM
Oops, when I saw PVC I was thinking PVI, so I have not had a PVC ablation.
February 22, 2020 11:59AM
Hi Susan,

Wishing you all the best with your PVC ablation with Dr Natale ... as usual you couldn't be in better hands. FYI, I confirmed with Dr. Natale yesterday that they have still never had a death from VT or PVC ablation originating in either the left ventricle or epicardium at his centers ... not to mention the RVOT (right ventricular outflow tract).

As is typical with Dr Natale, your odds are great and are stacked well in your favor Susan.

I fully appreciate that Kelley at Los Roblos is an outstanding NP, and that you have come to trust her there as is certainly understandable, and while there are excellent NPs at Austin too and, in this particular instance an added potential benefit of using Stereotaxis robotics for left ventricular access, nevertheless since Dr Natale is obviously comfortable doing your PVC ablation at Los Roblos as well, then you can be at ease with confidence getting it done by him at Los Roblos.

Take care,
Shannon
February 22, 2020 10:29PM
Kelley is excellent! Dr Natale is comfortable doing the pvc ablation without stereotaxis. I gave them the choice. My husband now is willing to fly to Austin. My concern is flying back afterwards.

Sorry I missed your calls, try again. I was napping from being up with pvc symptoms.
February 25, 2020 12:47PM
I had a PVC ablation (September 2018) a year before my afib ablation (December 2019). I don't know the technique he used although I'm fairly certain it was stereotactic. PVCs were causing me much more trouble initially and afib was rare. I would get terrible ventricular ectopics during work outs. So we did the PVC ablation first. Afib had always been pretty rare for me. Maybe a couple times a year. Then it got much more frequent, leading to the afib ablation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2020 12:48PM by keeferbdeefer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login