Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Has anyone experienced really low HR post ablation?

Posted by susan.d 
Has anyone experienced really low HR post ablation?
February 07, 2020 01:06AM
My hr is a steady 34-37, second day. I am freaking freezing cold in a heated room. The only way to warm up is going on my treadmill where my hr will be around 80. But it’s short lived and will return to my pvc steady 30s afterward. Kardia and my oximeter clocked it. My oncologist clocked 34-36 with their oximeter and I had to stay in the exam room for nearly 2 hours before it hit 51 and I could go home.

Carey mentions hr increase post ablation. 4.5 months post and my hr took a dive. Anyone else experience this?

The last time my hr was low (24-37) was immediately after my flecainide overdose and because of my low hr I had to be in the icu for 3 days. I know I have almost constant PVCs but they are steadily slow now. Last week I woke up wearing my cpap gasping for air. It’s frustrating.
Re: Has anyone experienced really low HR post ablation?
February 07, 2020 02:32AM
After my first ablation, I had moments feeling pulses around 40 bpm. I didn't know back then I had PVCs in bigeminal pattern. I felt just some sort of bradycardia with heavy beats. My cardiologist gave me a 1-lead handheld ECG device for some days to record those moments. That's how I learnt to recognize bigeminal PVCs. Now, they're as unmistakable as afib.
I don't say it's what you're experiencing... but maybe.
February 07, 2020 01:51PM
My HR is slower after the ablation. Not a lot, but maybe 10%. I'm around 55-60 BPM. But can get to 50 pretty commonly. I was closer to 65 pre ablation. granted I am on Flecainide and Metropolol still, but my rate never went up after the procedure, even before I started taking meds again a day or so later. 35 is really low though. That would make a me a little nervous as well.
February 07, 2020 02:01PM
I was sent to cardiac icu in August for 3 days for observation when my hr was 24-30s. They don’t keep you there for nothing. I sent my Kardia 6L to Natale NP. It’s steady slow PVCs according to Natale NP’s email this morning. To warm up I go on my treadmill but it’s a temporary rise in hr. The only thing different I do is use mustard seed seasoning, “made good” Apple cinnamon granola bars (contains inulin) and whole food Italian water. Something suddenly has lowered my hr.
February 08, 2020 02:24AM
What can you do different at this point? At some point a trial period of getting off Multaq?
February 09, 2020 09:11AM
That sounds pretty scary.

Was this immediately (i.e. in the weeks after) post-ablation?

My HR got as low as 54 at rest about 12 months post ablation and I was quite pleased with that because I took it to mean I was becoming much more fit and healthy than I'd been for a LONG time but I can imagine HR that low must be really terrifying.
February 09, 2020 09:24AM
4.5 months post ablation this happened. My hr is now in the 80-100s. I bought 6000 pounds of landscaping river rocks and am lifting them a bucket at a time to landscape a dry creek look. Some of the rocks are big. The exercise is raising my hr.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login