Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How much bleeding can one expect while on Eliquis?

Posted by susan.d 
How much bleeding can one expect while on Eliquis?
January 28, 2020 01:00PM
A heavy chair fell on my foot on January 18. It’s purple green and I believe red in color. It’s not supposed to be broken but it’s painful still. Should one still have new bleeding and new bruises after this length of time?
Re: How much bleeding can one expect while on Eliquis?
January 28, 2020 06:05PM
No way you're still bleeding almost two weeks later. Deep bruises can take weeks to go away, especially on the lower extremities. I had a hematoma after my first ablation that left a huge bruise that covered almost my entire thigh. That bruise took 2-3 months to vanish.

Honestly, Eliquis doesn't prolong bleeding all that much. Aspirin is far worse.
January 28, 2020 06:22PM
I care less about the cosmetic rainbow of purple to green bruises. It matches my pond’s algae green or “the hulk” skin color. It seems the hematoma gets redder when disturbed. I’m supposed to wear compression stockings and the act of taking them off I feel is causing new bruises. I posted this Eliquis concern because I will be having major surgery on my gallbladder (if I get clearance because of the PVCs) and with any major surgery there is bleeding...even more on Eliquis.
January 28, 2020 07:36PM
Major surgery is definitely a different issue than bruises and will have to involve your surgeon and EP working together to agree on a protocol. Eliquis really doesn't prolong bleeding all that long, but when we're talking surgery "all that long" changes scope. Rest assured that your foot hasn't been bleeding since about 10 minutes after the chair fell on your foot.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login