Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

blood pressure

Posted by whitehaven 
blood pressure
December 26, 2019 12:23PM
Does anyone have a proven natural method to lower blood pressure without drugs?
Re: blood pressure
December 26, 2019 02:58PM
Exercise and weight loss.
December 26, 2019 04:00PM
First post, hey all,
I noticed taking magnesium for my a-fib that it also lowers my blood pressure by a good 10 points. FWIW, the magnesium seems to be really helping the a-fib, happy about that.
Also agree that exercise and weight loss is a very good natural method for BP reduction.
December 26, 2019 06:15PM
Hi Carey, I weigh 118 lbs, 5 feet 4 inches, and I exercise everyday, tennis, weights, walks, etc.

I started taking grapeseed extract, hawthorn and increased my vitamin D.. I also take a lot of magnesium.
December 26, 2019 06:26PM
Then you could try adding olive leaf extract. It has proven BP lowering qualities. A daily bowl of oatmeal will also help.
December 26, 2019 09:51PM
Can't say this is your issue, but in The High Blood Pressure Solution, Richard Moore MD PhD suggests a 4:1 ratio of potassium to sodium on intake, primarily from food. He also notes that hyperinsulinemia will signal the kidneys to conserve sodium and excrete potassium. Hence he suggests that the blood pressure relationship to sodium isn't so much based on intake but excretion (or lack thereof). He says the fastest way to lower blood pressure is a water fast, for this reason - not weight loss but the fast lowering of insulin and therefore the excretion of sodium. It is suggested elsewhere that the reason for "keto flu" from those adopting a keto diet is related to this lowering of insulin and excretion of sodium. I'm not suggesting the fasting as the electrolyte disturbances can create rhythm issues for those with afib tendencies.
Joe
December 26, 2019 10:13PM
whiteheaven, could be something (food/smell etc) your body is reacting to as well (allergy type thing)
I got up to 180 once just sitting down. Turned out that it was my thymol mouth wash. Stopped using the stuff and my BP went back to normal.
Sam
December 27, 2019 06:30AM
Quite a few years ago my wife had high blood pressure. She had gradually put on about 20lbs.

I advised her to cut down on foods with gluten.

In a short time she had lost the 20 lbs and her blood pressure returned to, and has remained, normal.
December 27, 2019 07:03AM
I have tried several herbs like Grapeseed Extract, and Ashwagandha. They may have helped some, but not enough for me. I have recently started using Lorsartan Potassium an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARcool smiley. Has anyone heard that this type of Drug could precipitate AFIB?
December 27, 2019 10:35AM
The Anti-Fib
I have recently started using Lorsartan Potassium an Angiotensin Receptor Blocker (ARcool smiley. Has anyone heard that this type of Drug could precipitate AFIB?

No, not at all. If anything it would be the opposite. I was on it for several years. Totally benign drug.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login