Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tingling slightly puffy lips one liquid?

Posted by Callydex 
Tingling slightly puffy lips one liquid?
November 14, 2019 09:42PM
Hi all-
Have been taking Eli quo’s for a couple of days now, in preparation for an ablation at Sinai in January. Each time I take it I feel some tingling on my mouth and around my eyes, and tonight I think my lips are a bit puffier than usual. Should I stop? Will definitely call my doctor in the morning.
Re: Tingling slightly puffy lips one liquid?
November 15, 2019 12:36AM
I think you mean Eliquis?

The only person who can answer your question is the EP who's going to do the ablation, so by all means call them tomorrow.
November 15, 2019 07:33AM
Yes Eliquis - spell check while posting without my glasses on. Have other people had issues with allergic reactions to ACs? If I have this reaction to Eliquis (and I am pretty certain it is in fact allergic) am I more likely to have a similar reaction to Xarelto? I did take Warfarin before the last ablation (10 years ago) with no issues, but thought the newer ones were considered to be more effective with less risk.
November 15, 2019 10:06AM
It does sound like it could be an allergic response so switching to something else is probably what your EP will advise. Unlikely that another NOAC would have the same effect but there's only one way to find out. You are correct that the NOACs are safer and more effective than warfarin so I would stick with them.
November 15, 2019 11:13AM
Called and will start Xarelto tonight. Can already tell this morning that I feel better - no tingling or stinging on face and in mouth - for not having taken the Eliquis. Thanks so much
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login