Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Knock Knock AF !!!

Posted by Todd 
Knock Knock AF !!!
September 13, 2019 08:46AM
Everything started about 1:00 am Thursday morning. Its still back and forth at the moment. Its looking like i didn't drink enough electrolytes WED, through out the day. I took down 5 dead pine trees,cut them up etc. 97 degrees heat index at the peak of the day.
I drank plenty of water, and a qt of V8 with some sea salt added. Now for how its acting. AF back and forth. When it goes into rhythm it will have 2 quick knocks like knocking on the door, then back to normal. Then there is a lot of fluttering or what ever it is, when it goes back into rhythm sometimes. It went into normal rhythm this morning for about 15 min. Blood pressure normal. Pulse was showing 148 last night with my ORMON HEM-609. Don't know ifs its capable of pulse accuracy when in AF. Pulse not racing at the moment.
Not on any medications of any kind. No pain or lack of energy ever. Turned 60 in April.
Not a big fan of Gatorade or the others because of the sugar content. Will probably get a qt of it today just in case. Will be using coconut water. Looks like a good Gatorade substitute. Also rubbing my self down with magnesium oil.

I still do know how to spell rhythm off the bat. confused smiley
[en.wikipedia.org] › wiki › Rhythm_(respell)
Rhythm (respell) From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. The word "rhythm" is sometimes misspelled, including the forms: rhythem, rhythim, rhythym, rhytm, rythem, rythim, rythm, rythym, or rythmn. Rhythm is associated with: Rhythm, the pulse or beat of an activity.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 07:20PM by Todd.
Re: Knock Knock AF !!!
September 13, 2019 02:22PM
Have you been to the Dr? Not good to have your heart rate that high. You should go to the ER when you have such a high heart rate. Especially if this is your first time in afib. They will probably start with diltiazam and hopefully you will convert to NSR on your own.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/13/2019 02:25PM by amyorca.
September 13, 2019 02:49PM
As mentioned rate control is very important and should be kept below 100 bpm.

Also for electrolyte replacement I'm a big fan coconut water. I also use a product from scratch labs that is all natural electrolyte replacement.
Ken
September 13, 2019 02:55PM
What am I missing, Todd said nothing about heart rate.
September 13, 2019 04:47PM
Ken
What am I missing, Todd said nothing about heart rate.

He said his pulse rate was 148 at one point, but wasn't sure if that was accurate.
September 14, 2019 08:46AM
Everything back to normal. Woke up 4:30 am, my normal wakeup time. What type of AF do i have? In and out Sometimes 15 or 20 beats normal, then the AF beats. Then at times when it would go into rhythm, something in my upper chest would be fluttering. I did one of these techniques on this site to stimulate the vagus nerve, close to bed time. Holding the breath and pushing down, as if making a bowel movement. It seemed to have helped. Thanks rocketritch, will be looking into Skratch Labs.
[www.medicalnewstoday.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2019 08:51AM by Todd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login