Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BioSchwarz magnesium

Posted by wolfpack 
BioSchwarz magnesium
September 09, 2019 12:49AM
Anyone have experience with this product? [bioschwartz.com]

I’m trying it, I liked that fact that it carries the Albion TRAACS label and is made in the USA.
Re: BioSchwarz magnesium
September 09, 2019 04:37AM
If I read correctly, one small cap contains only 20mg of magnesium element.
I've used bisglycinate from Nutri & Co (French brand), offering 75mg of bisglycinate/malate Mg in each 400mg cap. This form of Mg has very good absorption. I don't know about the brand in your link, but except for the small quantity, it should be fine.
September 09, 2019 05:40PM
I took it for a couple of months, but switched because of the low amount of elemental magnesium. I did like the size of the capsules and it didn't upset my stomach at all.

Magnesium and i have had a battle trying to find the right kind/balance. I tried the Carolyn Dean Remag but it upset my stomach (and tasted horrible).

[www.amazon.com]

Pure Encapsulations 120mg per capsule - I take 4 a day.
September 09, 2019 05:56PM
Pompon
I've used bisglycinate from Nutri & Co (French brand), offering 75mg of bisglycinate/malate Mg in each 400mg cap. This form of Mg has very good absorption.

If this is correct, the claim they make on their package is how tiny their pill is. The molar mass of mag bisglycinate is 172 and magnesium is 24, so it is 14% by weight. Hence a small tablet would have a small amount of magnesium. I confirmed what Pompom says, that I pill contains 20 mg elemental magnesium. As the pill weighs 200 mg, this form is only 10% mag by weight.

For years (since 2010, I think) I've used an Albion product for di-magnesium malate. I purchase it from an equine supplier in powder form. <[shop.performanceequinenutrition.com] This is 20% mag by weight. I worked out how much I wanted to take by weighing fractional tsp measures on a milligram scale. 1.5 tsp = about 1800 mg of magnesium, which is good for me with my high need for mag.
September 09, 2019 07:09PM
So do you just dissolve the malate powder in water? How is the taste?
September 09, 2019 07:54PM
GeorgeN

I've used bisglycinate from Nutri & Co (French brand), offering 75mg of bisglycinate/malate Mg in each 400mg cap. This form of Mg has very good absorption.

If this is correct, the claim they make on their package is how tiny their pill is. The molar mass of mag bisglycinate is 172 and magnesium is 24, so it is 14% by weight. Hence a small tablet would have a small amount of magnesium. I confirmed what Pompom says, that I pill contains 20 mg elemental magnesium. As the pill weighs 200 mg, this form is only 10% mag by weight.

For years (since 2010, I think) I've used an Albion product for di-magnesium malate. I purchase it from an equine supplier in powder form. <[shop.performanceequinenutrition.com] This is 20% mag by weight. I worked out how much I wanted to take by weighing fractional tsp measures on a milligram scale. 1.5 tsp = about 1800 mg of magnesium, which is good for me with my high need for mag.

Could you put the powder in capsules or is it too concentrated? Does it need some kind of "carrier" (I don't know the official term lol).
September 10, 2019 01:44AM
katesshadow
Could you put the powder in capsules or is it too concentrated? Does it need some kind of "carrier" (I don't know the official term lol).

I suppose yes. I try to use powder wherever I can so I'm not consuming fillers or capsule material. I just pop my 3 half teaspoons in my mouth and swallow them. You'd probably some kind of a tiny funnel to fill the capsules. Not sure what you mean by carrier?
September 10, 2019 11:30AM
George N- My GP went to Harvard and got a second nutrition degree at UCLA so he sells supplements he formulated at his in-house @pharmacy” with his label and name on it. I take his magnesium pills: 200mg magnesium- (from magnesium Aspartate/oxide complex). He adds 99mg of potassium from potassium Aspartate Chloride complex. His brochure states for heart health and arrhythmia.

The last week I wake up at 2am with stomach pains (maybe from ulcers or my crohns disease.

Last week he pushed his latest mg- powder 150g -60 servings @2.5g
“Patented magnesium for the brain with Magtein
Magnesium (as Albion (copyright symbol) di-magnesium maleate 200mg
Magtein (TM) magnesium L-threonate and TRAACS (copyright) magnesium lysinate glycinate chelate)
With another gram of Magtein (magnesium L-threonate)

I didn’t want to buy it and he offered my money back because he said it absorbs better. I bought it but haven’t used it because why get a side effect before an ablation?

I took ginkgo biloba in 2004 which started the past ugly road of AF. My cardiologist at the time said it caused my AF. It was for brain memory. So I stay clear iof anything for brain health. This new mg has brain health all over it.

I took his earth worms for 6 months before Eliquis. A rouge potato on the produce stand rolled down and lightly tapped me and I had the worst bruise so I switched to Eliquis now instead. The earth worms are:
Boluoke
WHAT IT IS:
• Standardized, fully researched extract of earthworm enzymes
WHY YOU NEED IT:
• Important for patients who need natural blood thinning
• Targets patients looking for healthy levels of fibrinogen, C-reactive protein, and blood thickness (viscosity)
• Good for patients who cannot take prescription anti-coagulation medication
more details
$92.00

Small history- I am very sensitive to drugs.
September 10, 2019 01:08PM
GeorgeN

I suppose yes. I try to use powder wherever I can so I'm not consuming fillers or capsule material. I just pop my 3 half teaspoons in my mouth and swallow them. You'd probably some kind of a tiny funnel to fill the capsules. Not sure what you mean by carrier?

I know when you mix essential oils, you have to use a "carrier" oil like coconut, etc.

I didn't know if there was similar protocol for preparing your own capsules. There are so many types of magnesium (oxide, citrate, etc.,) so I didn't know what is added to them to make them different.
September 10, 2019 04:43PM
wolfpack
So do you just dissolve the malate powder in water? How is the taste?

I just put it in my mouth, as I do with almost any powder. Taste is OK to me.

Over my afib career, I've taken just about every form of magnesium. Oxide, malate, glycinate, hydroxide, bicarbonate, citrate, acetate, chloride, L-threonate. For me, they all work as long as I consume the mag consistently & in sufficient quantity.

I've reacted the hydroxide with both carbonated water and vinegar to make bicarb & acetate respectively.
September 10, 2019 04:48PM
Susan,

His products are probably fine, but obviously not for you. From a discussion 10 or more years ago, I recall being advised not to take the aspartate form because aspartate is an excitatory neurotransmitter.

George
September 10, 2019 05:14PM
BTW, Nutri & Co did recently change their formula. There's liposomal Mg in the caps, offering 100mg Mg element per 400mg cap.
Now, for me, the best result is achieved taking a single cap around 9:30PM, shorty before going to bed. This usually gives me good sleep till 5:00AM.
In any form or quantity, Mg does nothing against afib (for me). I'm not even sure it may reduce my ectopics.
September 10, 2019 06:21PM
susan.d

I took his earth worms for 6 months before Eliquis. A rouge potato on the produce stand rolled down and lightly tapped me and I had the worst bruise so I switched to Eliquis now instead. The earth worms are:
Boluoke
WHAT IT IS:
• Standardized, fully researched extract of earthworm enzymes
WHY YOU NEED IT:
• Important for patients who need natural blood thinning
• Targets patients looking for healthy levels of fibrinogen, C-reactive protein, and blood thickness (viscosity)
• Good for patients who cannot take prescription anti-coagulation medication
more details
$92.00

Small history- I am very sensitive to drugs.

Did you consider taking nattokinase for blood thinning?
September 11, 2019 12:53AM
If it contains soy than I can’t for breast cancer. Does it contain soy?

George N. Wow I have been taking his mg for years and since then each AF would not convert on its own after taking the mg. Thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login