Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Radiation time

Posted by Faith v. 
Radiation time
September 07, 2019 12:37AM
Is anyone here worried about radiation time during ablations? How harmful is it?
Re: Radiation time
September 07, 2019 02:29AM
That's a question I asked my EP. He said that the new technology uses very little radiation. Far less than, say, a thorax radiology.
As I'm no radiologist, I don't know if it's 100% right, but I feel confident it is.
September 07, 2019 02:57PM
I wonder what he means by new technology for ablation?
I’m interested if anyone knows their radiation times? Especially those who have had more than one ablation?
September 07, 2019 03:58PM
Faith v.
I wonder what he means by new technology for ablation?
I’m interested if anyone knows their radiation times? Especially those who have had more than one ablation?

Yes, I've got all my ablation reports. My last ablation with Natale reported only the total fluoroscopy time of 36 minutes, and it was my shortest procedure by far (2 hrs, 20 min). Compare that to my first ablation that reported 70 minutes. The first ablation also gave the actual dose: 4498 mGy per square meter in plane A and 8173 mGy per square meter in plane B. I would expect the other procedures were in between those two.

Keeping in mind that those six procedures occurred over a span of 7 years, those dosages don't concern me. The four chest CTs I've had probably delivered far more.
October 17, 2021 12:54AM
I saw my local EP and showed him the reports. He said the radiation was high and that it could cause cancer in future but could not say when or where.
My ablations were 2005 2007 and 2015.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login