Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Eating too much and ectopics?

Posted by HBK 
HBK
Eating too much and ectopics?
August 14, 2019 04:08PM
I'm 58 days post ablation.

Been keeping an eye on my ectopics and trying to see what I can do to rid myself of them.

I have a habit to over eat sometimes at meals. I could be at a restaurant could stop eating my meal sooner......but keep taking a few more bites to finish it off because I don't want to take the food with me or throw it away.

I've noticed when I get a bit "stuffed", I start feeling some premature beats. Then, I verify with my apple watch and see them.

Could be that I've always had this even before a-fib but didn't pay attention back then.

Is this a pretty common trigger of ectopics? How does it cause them?
Re: Eating too much and ectopics?
August 15, 2019 12:30AM
I have the same issue, but no Ablation. I think it has to do with Vagus Nerve Activation. Smaller meals and eating slower seem to help. It is triggering not only Ectopics, but AFIB as well.
August 15, 2019 01:51PM
HBK - It's both possible and logical that loading your stomach with too much food can involve the 'pinching' or crowding vagus nerve which can produce a variety of symptoms. Fortunately, the food loading factor is easy enough to manage. Here's some background:

Stephen Rochlitz, PhD, talks about the vagus nerve imbalance and cardiovascular connections including atrial fibrillation in his many papers and articles… (one in Townsend Letter from 2003) and there is an archived post on the topic from 2004… at this link: [www.afibbers.org]

My experience was that I consulted with a chiropractor who was known for adjusting “displaced diaphragms” … and after several treatments, I went from very frequent bouts of AF down to zero…. That wasn’t the total answer for me, as I did proceed to have my first Natale ablation in 2003… but I always felt that correcting the position of my diaphragm definitely helped calm the vagus.

A clip from the 2013 book on vagus nerve involvement and also the potential for Hiatal hernia involvement, by Dr. Rochlitz offers this observation:

" Over half of our species may have the hidden hiatal hernia syndrome (HHS) with accompanying vagus nerve imbalance (VNI). Among those who suffer from chronic and/or environmental illness, the percentage may be as high as 90%.The HHS or the VNI may be the most common cause of anxiety, asthma, sleep apnea, various heart or cardiovascular conditions including tachycardia and hypertension, atrial fibrillation, and others.

This book contains many ways of alleviating this syndrome. These include changes in diet, lifestyle, sleep habits, supplements, and self-help energy balancing, kinesiology, and trigger points.

There are 15 illustrated corrections. The book has a more expensive spiral-coil binding to facilitate the reader's doing these simple techniques. They can ease problems with the hiatal hernia, vagus nerve imbalance, diaphragm, and the heart and lungs. Some self help techniques also relate to handling stress and anxiety attacks. Finally the author shows how life expectancy itself is tied in with the HHS/VNI."

Hiatal Hernia Syndrome/Vagus Nerve Imbalance: The Most Common Health Syndrome in Mankind, With Illustrated Self-Help Corrections, The Syndrome That Can Cause or Exacerbate: Reflux, Asthma, Anxiety, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Heart Disease, Allergies, Fatigue, Brain Fog & Pain Paperback – Jan 1 2013

Jackie
August 15, 2019 09:39PM
Jackie
Hiatal Hernia Syndrome/Vagus Nerve Imbalance: The Most Common Health Syndrome in Mankind, With Illustrated Self-Help Corrections, The Syndrome That Can Cause or Exacerbate: Reflux, Asthma, Anxiety, Sleep Apnea, Hypertension, Heart Disease, Allergies, Fatigue, Brain Fog & Pain Paperback – Jan 1 2013

Found the book Jackie references only on the author's website here: <[www.wellatlast.com]
August 15, 2019 09:47PM
GeorgeN

Found the book Jackie references only on the author's website here: <[www.wellatlast.com]

Here is a link to Jackie's more detailed post in 2004 <[www.afibbers.org]
August 20, 2019 06:29AM
Yeah, I get this too.

Funnily enough, it didn't happen prior to ablation. Nor did regular ectopics. I only got those after drinking fizzy drinks with certain artificial sweeteners prior to ablation, but now I get ectopics regularly and constantly, just 2 years post ablation. Bloating is one of the biggest culprits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login