Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skipping beats after cardioversion

Posted by tango232 
Skipping beats after cardioversion
July 14, 2019 02:59AM
Had my first cardioversion done last September, since then I've been out of afib, but I now will experience random skipped beats, doesn't happen every day, just really out of the blue.
Feels like eternity when I feel it which makes my anxiety go up like mad.
Currently on diltiazam 30mg and still fairly young at 30. Anyone have this happen after a cardioversion
Re: Skipping beats after cardioversion
July 14, 2019 04:08AM
Before having HR problems, or other cardiac issues, it's usual not mining about heart beats.
Once we've had to deal with afib, ectopics, tachycardia and the likes, we're tuned to our heart, we often listen or check our rhythm, and it's really bad. It increases our anxiety. Stress is very bad because it usually increases our number of ectopics, which in turn increases our stress...
It's a vicious circle we have better trying to break, and it's easier said than done. Welcome to the club...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2019 04:09AM by Pompon.
Re: Skipping beats after cardioversion
July 14, 2019 01:46PM
Tango, i have experienced heart palpitation since childhood. Now they happen if:

I”m inordinately stressed: too much caffeine, sleep deprived, and dehydrated.

I guzzle down a large can of Low Sodium V8 (potassium) and at least 400 mg of Magnesium; preferably Magnesium taurate. This dose is over and above my regular dose of Magnesium Glycinate and Malate.

Daily I also take 2000 mg of Taurine and D-Ribose.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login