Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here We Go Again

Posted by DoloMiddleMo 
Here We Go Again
July 02, 2019 03:09PM
First time poster. First a fib 3/2017. Flecainide and Amiodarone were not successful. One ablation on 5/2017. 75 mg. metoprolol prescribed thereafter. Upwards to 20 events lasting from 2 minutes to 2 hours were recorded in two years. My current disposition is a flutter state for the past 3 weeks. I am set to see a new doc in the group this Friday. My autonomic system has been compromised again. I spend my days sitting in the a/c. I can do light chores at my own pace. I am good on my feet for 20 min. Max indoors. Venturing out in the heat is a different story. Two minutes max and I am in a panic. Gastrointestinal symptoms graduated to severe. I was ready for the ER last Friday truth be told. In the house, time on my feet went to 5 minutes! Then I remembered that my husband’s oncologist had prescribed something for muscle spasms that he didn’t have to take this time a year ago. It looks like that has bided me the time that I need until my appointment. Sleep, this time around, was not affected which is a plus. I’m near a metro City, so my choices abound as far as health care options go. I am concerned that I may have to wait for pre cert. for cardioversion like I had to the last time. Big change is I have Medicare now. Not Advantage. We all have different stories to tell. I am interested to hear if anyone experiences a breakdown of other systems like I have. Autonomic dysfunction is a relatively new area. Penn hasn’t devoted a group to this, per se. NYU has and so has Johns Hopkins. Both are a two hour drive. Random thought: Dr. Natale’s stock sure has gone up these past few years. To think Our paths have crossed more than Once is boggling. My BIL lives in Thousand Oaks and my daughter lives in North County (SanDiego). LaJolla is a spit away! Surly there has to be others performing cutting edge procedures. The guy who performed my ablation Is young and gifted, and he has a better than decent bedside manner, but he’s in and out like the hamburger joint. I couldn’t tell you what procedure he used. He was done in an hour. That much they told me. We’ll see what the new doc recommends. Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Re: Here We Go Again
July 02, 2019 03:55PM
If you're close to Penn then you should see this guy. He has trained under Natale.
July 02, 2019 04:58PM
Many thanks, Carey. I am a patient in the Penn med system. Cherry Hiil Penn Med docs work out of Penn Presbyterian, which is where I had my first ablation. Penn recently acquired Princeton Hospital. I am glad that I reached out on this forum.
July 02, 2019 08:35PM
DoloMiddleMo
Random thought: Dr. Natale’s stock sure has gone up these past few years. .

Interesting. I've been a member here since Aug, 2004. Natale's stock has always been very high, IMO. I am not an ablatee, but have referred many to him and his proteges. For example, I referred a cousin to Dr. Sergio Pinski at CC in Weston FL cousin is still doing well after the Pinski flutter & afib ablation.

I second Carey's recommendation.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login