Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Testosterone replacement therapy and sleep

Posted by colindo 
Testosterone replacement therapy and sleep
June 24, 2019 12:01AM
Just wondering if TRT improves one's sleep duration?
It seems related.
Re: Testosterone replacement therapy and sleep
June 24, 2019 02:47AM
Yes it does Colindo,

Testosterone, Growth Hormone and Melatonin are all anabolic hormones (meaning tissue repair/restoration hormones) that help extend restorative sleep when used in normal physiological doses.

Balanced hormone repletion is all about fine tuning one’s bio-physical symphony as one’s natural hormone balance begins to decline and often becoming decidedly imbalanced, not infrequently well before middle age.

Folks that are low on testosterone and GH as well as have a low level of adrenal hormone expression and low reserves of adrenal metabolites all often feel under excessive stress frequently ... often as if the world is just too big and chaotic for them to handle.

In contrast, most folks whose hormonal symphony is playing right in tune, regardless of their age, and even up 75, to 85 yrs old and beyond , feel more grounded in their own skin and better equipped to more easily roll with the punches that life’s vagaries bring to us all.

Cheers!
Shannon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2019 02:52AM by Shannon.
June 24, 2019 03:42PM
With me testosterone restoration improves pretty much all aspects of my life, including optimistic outlook, thought, sleep, libido, bloodwork, raised my estrogen levels so I'm not at risk of osteoporosis like before, I don't sweat the small stuff anymore, cured my on and off anemia issue, muscle tone, stamina....however it didn't help with run-on sentences. Hope it helps.
June 25, 2019 03:42PM
Low T treatment is a Godsend to me. My anxiety level has dropped big time and I am enjoying life again. I am very close to retiring my anxiety drugs that have possessed my life since early 2012. Klonopin being the worse by far. NEVER start on any Benzos especially long term. They are HELL to kick. I am on the downside of the mountain.
June 25, 2019 11:08PM
My experience was much the same as Smackman. My energy levels were up and I slept really good at night. Since I have been off of "T" I've become dependent on meletonin to get a good nights sleep. I'm normally level headed but one thing that lead to my diagnosis at the time was that I was less level headed and very irritable. On the "T" I became calm again.
August 12, 2019 09:13PM
Had an appointment with an endocrinologist today. She was very thorough with her questions and looking over labs from my last visit with my PCP. I also took along some rest results from earlier this year.
She immediately stated she felt my low T could be due a malfunction with my pituitary gland. She explained that with my low T other factors should be out of wack. My TSH and FSH and LH are all low normal.
My Hematocrit levels are above normal as well and has been for some time now. Other doctors had linked that high level to the testosterone. However those numbers have not fluctuated in well over a year of being off of the testosterone.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2019 04:42AM by rocketritch.
September 28, 2019 04:53AM
Had a followup with the endocrinologist the other day. My Total Testosterone level was up from my last blood work but it still what she called low normal. My D was very low as was my B12. Everything else was either what I would say low or high normal. My hematocrit levels are still up as well however she did not point this out I had to bring it up again. It was within normal range this time but right on the line.

She refused to put me back on "T" at this time as she did not feel comfortable for whatever reason. She also questioned my increased level asking me if I was taking steroids. Again its still close to 300 and was 169 in February and for whatever reason they did not check my free testosterone. She wants to do a repeat on the blood work in 3 months and see me after that. I'm not real keen on that idea as I have been feeling like crap now for over a year. I still have 2 viles from when I was on it before that I am tempted to take but haven't because I want someone to monitor me.

I did contact a local testosterone clinic and am considering making an appointment with them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login