Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Kardia has more findings

Posted by wolfpack 
Kardia has more findings
May 15, 2019 05:18PM
I noticed in the latest app update that the Kardia has added "Bradycardia" and "Tachycardia" to its list of possible findings. Previously, a normal rhythm below 50 BPM would be called "Unclassified". I used to get those all the time. Now it says I'm bradycardic, which is correct for me.

I think this adds more weight/concern to any reading that's called "Unclassified" as they are now more likely to be flutter, bi/tri-geminy, PVCs or worse. I don't know because I can't get an "Unclassified" reading anymore. It would be interesting if anyone else can given the new application. Of course, no one is under any obligation whatsoever to share information. This is merely an update on one of our favorite AF tools. Let's hope it continues to improve.
Re: Kardia has more findings
May 15, 2019 07:15PM
Because I use a non-standard way of using the contacts (to get a Lead II read - right hand and left lower abdomen above hip), I can get some artifact in the data. Sometimes this will lead to an "Unclassified" result. I can tell the difference with out the Kardia, so I don't care. I only record NSR every morning in case I ever have an episode that does not convert and I need to get cardioverted and they won't take my word for when the episode started. I will at least have documentation of a certain time I was in NSR.
May 15, 2019 07:31PM
I have a Kardia that I purchased about six months ago. Do I need to do anything to get this new update? Or does it just magically appear from the Kardia end.
May 15, 2019 09:26PM
The app is on your smart phone or tablet. As long as you have it set to auto-update then you shouldn’t need to do a thing. If not, depending on the type of device, you’ll need to go to the App Store or Google Play or whatever the equivalent is and manually update it. I wish I knew exactly how to do that in every instance of mobile device but, alas, I do not.
May 16, 2019 12:15AM
GeorgeN
I only record NSR every morning in case I ever have an episode that does not convert and I need to get cardioverted and they won't take my word for when the episode started. I will at least have documentation of a certain time I was in NSR.

I never thought about this kind of use. I only record my HR when it's not right. I've noticed the more I worry about my heart, the more I have troubles. But you're right doing that every morning. It makes sense, because doctors often use to say they believe us, but they only trust ECG tracings.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login