Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

TEE Completed - getting off Xarelto
February 27, 2019 10:53PM
Today I had my TEE to see if I am able to get off my Xarelto. It is one year, to the day, that I had my first ablation. My touch up was the beginning of June. My local cardiologist did my TEE and I will be meeting with my EP mid-March. I was a bit surprised at some of the results. The findings were: 1. Normal LV systolic function with EF of 60 %. 2. Mildly increased left atrial size. 3. Dilated left atrial appendage without visible thrombus, 4. No Intracardiac mass or thrombus, 5. No shunting across the atrial septum by color-flow Doppler or agitated saline study, 6. No. Thoracic aortic atheroma.

I was surprised by the mild increased left atrial size and dilated left atrial appendage. I had not heard these items before. My local cardiologist is deferring to my EP to make the decision to get off Xarelto. Do any of you have opinions or experience with this and the possibility of getting off Xarelto? My Zio report came back with little activity in the week of monitoring. I had 14 events of ectopics or tachycardia runs of less than 10 seconds. I am not on any rate or rhythm control meds.

Thank you for any words of wisdom.
Re: TEE Completed - getting off Xarelto
February 28, 2019 12:34AM
Sounds like a pretty normal TEE to me. Nothing to worry about in it. Almost anybody who's had afib for any length of time is likely to have at least a slightly enlarged left atrium, so nothing to worry about there. Ditto with the dilated left atrial appendage.

It's a good report. smiling smiley
Re: TEE Completed - getting off Xarelto
February 28, 2019 05:26AM
Congratulations!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login