Video of your heart in AFib

Posted by Brian_og 
Video of your heart in AFib
December 09, 2018 04:33AM
Impressive video of a heart in AFib

[twitter.com]
Re: Video of your heart in AFib
December 09, 2018 05:38AM
Good grief! No wonder it feels so lousy!
December 09, 2018 05:45AM
Ken
December 09, 2018 10:36AM
So how does the Dr. do the burning? Stop the heart and burn, re-start and induce afib, then stop and burn? Is it possible to burn while in afib, or during normal rhythm? Never thought about this issue until I saw the video.
December 09, 2018 11:51AM
Ken
So how does the Dr. do the burning? Stop the heart and burn, re-start and induce afib, then stop and burn? Is it possible to burn while in afib, or during normal rhythm? Never thought about this issue until I saw the video.

I've already wondered about this in the past Ken, but this video puts it in a whole new light! Just how on Earth DO these guys manage to place those RF burns with anything approaching precision?! I can see the appeal of a balloon approach as there must be a far better chance of getting the balloon to stay lodged in a PV than trying to place burns with a catheter.

Must say, I thought twice about watching that video..... but now I have..... whilst interesting it's definitely rather disconcerting!
December 09, 2018 12:01PM
The heart is never stopped during an ablation. That would require putting you on bypass, which would mean cracking your chest and doing full open heart surgery.

Despite the movement, a skilled RF ablationist can put a catheter exactly where they want them, with an exact amount of pressure on the atrial wall, at an exact temperature, for an exact period of time. It's actually much more precise than cryo.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login