Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

3rd ablation... This time with Dr Natale

Posted by Billyjeans 
3rd ablation... This time with Dr Natale
September 07, 2018 10:15PM
I had my 3rd ablation last week with Dr Natale. Everything went well and I've been in NSR for 7 days now. To put that in perspective I haven't had 7 days NSR since some time in 2014.
I could not be more impressed by the Dr and his staff. Its the best and most professional experience I ever had with a Dr and his team.
When I got to Texas I was in afib and remained in afib into the surgery. It was pretty bad too. Of course they had me off meds 2 days prior so my afib was pretty bad. 180's- 200's even when I was getting a ct scan before surgery.
Meeting Dr Natale was like meeting a celebrity to me. After having read so much about him and the so many people hes helped that praise him I was excited to meet him. I could not have been more impressed. My female friend commented that he has an aura around him.. lol..

After the surgery I talked with the Dr and his assistant. He could not believe that all my PVI's reconnected. I asked how much reconnection happened and he said "everything". He initially thought he would have to do work on the LAA because I had previously had 2 PVI ablations and he didn't think that they all could have reconnected and that the trouble was likely somewhere else. It was primarily the PV's although he still did alot of other work. He did some work on the floor and ceiling of the heart and a curved area around the back. His layman terms for me thats not that knowledgeable about the specifics of heart anatomy. lol..I was told it was about an hr of burn time.
Also, they used the new cologen plugs on me in the groin area and they worked fantastic. You only have to lay down for a couple of hours after surgery and they heal up super nice. My incision marks are almost gone already. No knot or anything. very smooth.
I feel really really good although I do think I have an apnea problem I may need to address. I bought a recordable oximeter so I'll get some answers soon enough.
Again, thanks for Dr Natale and his staff. Norma, Salwa, Curry, Jacquie,Amy and all the rest. They are the best .
Re: 3rd ablation... This time with Dr Natale
September 07, 2018 10:23PM
Thats great news. Dr Natale and his staff are top shelf for sure.
September 08, 2018 01:26AM
Billyjeans
I had my 3rd ablation last week with Dr Natale. Everything went well and I've been in NSR for 7 days now. To put that in perspective I haven't had 7 days NSR since some time in 2014.

That's awesome!
September 08, 2018 08:38AM
Great news!

Operator skill makes ALL the difference.
September 08, 2018 04:24PM
Way to go Billyjeans! Great news!
September 08, 2018 04:32PM
So happy for you thumbs up

And I agree with your friend, it’s like he has an aura.
September 08, 2018 07:41PM
Spectacular!!! NSR to you!
September 08, 2018 11:22PM
Excellent news!

--Lance
September 10, 2018 10:06PM
Thanks alot.. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting my life back bit by bit.
Thanks to all of you as well. I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge and sharing that goes on here. smiling smiley
September 14, 2018 01:15PM
Agree with everything you said about Dr. Natale and his staff. Please follow up on your sleep apnea, I think it's what led me down the road to ruin with my a-fib. Did you get your results back? I've been on my CPAP machine now for eight years. It's a love hate relationship, but I wear the lousy thing absolutely every night. Neil
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login