Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ab Afib episode 12 days following cryoablation

Posted by Leah H. 
Ab Afib episode 12 days following cryoablation
May 09, 2018 07:04AM
Hello,
I am 71 years old. Live in Israel. I experienced my first Afib when I was 18 and was in great stress preparing for my exams. Since then the afib occurred from time to time. Can't remember the frequency. I endured it without medication. I have a bad tolerance for medication. in 2004 when the situation became bad, i had an ablaion in the right atrium for atial flutter. The EP told me that I although I show trial Fibrillation in the left atrium as well, back then in Israel he did not have the technology to handle it.
Since 2004 I had ocationally an afib episode but it was not often and I could handle it until it passed on it's own without medication.
A few months ago i entered a period of stress and anxiety with no visible reason. Maybe hypothyrodism effected it. I started suffering from insomnia and frequent episodes of afib usually during the night. I could not take the afib any longer. It ruined my life. consequently had my cryoablation last april 26 in Israel. My EP told me after the procedure that all went well. He ablated the 4 pulmonary veins and also some ganglia in the left atrium. For 12-13 days after the ablation I experienced no afib and was so happy and hopeful. Until last evening at 7 pm (2 days after the ablation). Suddenly I felt a wave of warmth engulf me (my afib usualy starts with this sensation) and a funny feeling which I recognize and the afib started. It was a rather bad afib not a light one. It lasted almost 5 hours. Since I do not take any medicines, I took Klonopin which is a tranquilizer but it did not help much. I was both scared when it happened and very depressed. The EP told e that this could happen during the blanking period, but I am concerned that it lowers the chances for the ablation being successful. I cannot think of going through another ablation. The fact that I feel the wave of warmth prior to the afib, does it mean that it is vagal or not? I need some encouragement!! And what can I do to lower the chances of a second recurrence? what supplements can I take? Any advise and encouragement would be greatly appreciated.
Leah H.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login