Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

kardiaband
April 07, 2018 06:37PM
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone has used the new kardiaband, I thought it was a great idea, just wondering if it works well. Thanks for any input.

lizzie
Re: kardiaband
April 08, 2018 05:46AM
Thats pretty nice. Im not an apple fan though.
April 08, 2018 04:12PM
Looks like a great idea. I would get one except they require a premium membership that cost $9.99/mo or $99/yr. I don't use it enough to justify the extra cost. I'll stick with my original model that fit inside my iphone's kardia case until I up grade the iphone. They stopped making the Kardia case. The last model iphone supported was the iphone6. I had to modify it to fit my iphone 7. Now they use a bulky plastic sleeve that stick to the back of the phone. Yuk.
April 08, 2018 05:12PM
I wouldn't mind paying the premium,,,it may be enough to give me a piece of mind...unfortunately in Canada it costs $616....in the States $199....such a Hugh difference!
April 08, 2018 09:23PM
I ordered it the first day it became available and have been using it since then. For the band itself, it’s exactly an AliveCor on your wrist. It comes handy because you don’t need to carry an extra device. But if the continuous monitoring is your goal, the band is not mandatory. As long as you have the Kardia app in the watch and have the premium subscription, you can activate the smart rhythm feature. This feature uses the lights on the back of the watch, it doesn’t rely on the band.

You can also use the AliveCor to work with the Kardia app on the watch, it works the same but you need to carry one more piece on the go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2018 09:26PM by kong2018.
April 08, 2018 10:05PM
Thank you very much for that information Kong!
July 22, 2018 10:20PM
What I’m searching for is

• how I can monitor my afib while swimming and surfing…

…that is, to be aware after I come out of the water (by going to a computer download) of what WAS happening during that activity.

Heart rate seems simple to monitor with one of many styles of watches and bands, but…

• ...the irregularity of the beat (afib) of the heart (as can be seen like this…on dry land: [www.uhealth-aus.com] that be recorded in pool or ocean swimming???

Is there anything on the market that will do this in the water environment???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2018 10:25PM by poppypete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login