Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cardio stress test tomorrow

Posted by lds001 
Cardio stress test tomorrow
March 25, 2018 07:46PM
I’m fairly new to this group and have only had 2 Afib episodes. I have not had a stress test done in about 5 years and my Cardiologist wants me to have it done. I saw my EP about three weeks ago and did a Zio patch..still waiting for the results....but they will have a bunch to look over.

Tomorrow is the day for my stress test and I am so darn anxious about it. The last few weeks my anxiety has been sky high and my palpitations ( last 20 years) have been through the roof.
I take a beta blocker and cant take the antiarrythmics. (Sp). The beta blocker hasnt been helping much the last few weeks.....and with each palpitation and tacky run....I get more anxious...thinking its AFib.
Of course I cant take the BB tonight due to the test.

So tomorrow, I am afraid that the stress test will trigger the afib and right now I am having a zillion palpitations...well NOT a zillion,,,but enough that I dont feel great. Who knows,...maybe there is some afib thrown in there. The not knowing is really wreaking havoc with my “control” issues. smiling smiley

So, I am thinking my problem is, that I am still afraid of getting an Afib episode. I haven’t had enough to know what will happen.....I haven’t had enough to know I will be ok.....how long they last...no certainty about anything. I feel like I am marching to my doom for the test tomorrow.

I am doing some biofeedback, reassuring myself I am in good hands and that Afib is not dangerous....and my palpitations are not dangerous. My anxiety is 10 plus!

Do you ever get used to this cranky heart? Does this Afib make others anxious?

Thanks for listening.
Linda
Joe
Re: Cardio stress test tomorrow
March 26, 2018 03:57AM
Do deep and slow breathing and only worry about things you can actually control. I know it's not easy but try.
All the Best!
March 26, 2018 11:17AM
Thank you Joe!
March 26, 2018 06:56PM
Normal Test today...Very relieved. One less thing to worry about in this new AFib world.
March 27, 2018 05:59AM
Would it help to count up how many people are posting here who have not been killed by their afib episodes? Some of us have been posting here for years and are not dead yet. Afib is a scary thing to have happen, and it makes all of us anxious not to mention terrified. You may find that after having survived a few more episodes your fear starts to diminish. Afib is never going to be any fun, but it isn't fatal.Most of us cannot tell you how many episodes we have had because there have been so many. Yet here we all are, articulate and argumentative, trading drug tips and doctors' names.

In more colloquial terms. afib is the biggest stone drag i have ever encountered, but it has not killed me yet.

PeggyM
March 27, 2018 06:50AM
So glad your test went well. Leading up to my first ablation I had to have a stress test done. I had been in afib/flutter for several weeks leading up to it so they decided to give ma a medically induced stress test instead. Again so glad everything went well for you.
March 27, 2018 09:12AM
Well put Peggy......thanks......
March 27, 2018 09:13AM
Thanks for the well wishes Rocket
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login