Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Post Ablation Event Monitor Arrived 2 Days Ago. So Did My Affib

Posted by rocketritch 
Post Ablation Event Monitor Arrived 2 Days Ago. So Did My Affib
March 24, 2018 01:32PM
Hello Everyone,

I had posted back in January about my second Ablation (Cryoablation). As I stated then I was in NSR for about the first 10 days or so then had to go back on Flecanide and Metoprolol as I had a bout of Affib at the time. Since then I have had zero issues, at least that I am aware of.

2 days ago a LIFEWATCH event monitor arrived from my doctor as a followup to my procedure to see how things are going. I placed the monitor on at around 1 in the afternoon and was in Affib by around 6 in the evening. Needless to say I'm a bit frustrated right now and my optimism is in the tank.

So any thoughts? I have always been a bit trigger happy so far as my Affib goes. Back pryor to my first ablation just someone talking to me about it could start an episode. I'm a pretty patient person as I have been dealing with Affib since I was around 25yo (currently 52) so I will continue to fight to be rid of it and will seek out another EP if necessary.

Thanks
Re: Post Ablation Event Monitor Arrived 2 Days Ago. So Did My Affib
March 24, 2018 06:37PM
RR,

Sorry to hear of your latest issues but that said surely you’re still in the 3 to 6 month blanking (healing) period following an ablation (whether cryo or RF) during which almost all folks will experience some episodes caused by the sheer stress and irritation of the procedure. Give it another 3 months to settle and maybe it will all come good for you.

Cheers,

Mike
March 24, 2018 06:42PM
You've had two ablations according to your previous post and you're still not afib-free, which means you've become a complex case. If you're going to consider a third ablation, you should only consider having it done by an elite EP. There is a gentleman in Austin Texas by the name of Natale who can solve your problem once and for all. If I were you, I would be on the phone to his office Monday morning.
March 24, 2018 09:58PM
I was looking through some notes on my blog from my last ablation in 2009. From what I remember and what my notes say I experienced afffib while in teh hospital on the day three. None after that. I was on flecanide and metoprolol for six months after that point.

I havent given up just yet and understand that this can happen during teh first few months. That being said I do have my sites on DR. Natale if I need a third ablation. My current EP is wonderful and I feel he genuanly cares about my health and how affib impacts my life. There are however other extenuating factors that come in to play so far as me being able to keep him as my physician beyond this year.
March 25, 2018 06:47AM
I had that sort of thing happened to me. Going along fine for months on end, no worries. Go into the EP Doctor, for a Appointment that had been scheduled for several months (hard to get into see him). Then at the Dr's there is a bit of consternation about how I am handling my situation, and a little bit of frustration on his part, then within the next several days I go into AFIB.

Question: How did you deal with and handle your AFIB for the first 17 years, until your 1st Ablation? that is quite a long time. Can you describe more about your AFIB during this time?
March 25, 2018 03:08PM
Bloody, frustrating syndrome this is. I think when you’re symptom free for a few months and then it starts, the diasappointment is terrible.

I feel for you, RR.
March 25, 2018 04:04PM
The Anti-Fib
I had that sort of thing happened to me. Going along fine for months on end, no worries. Go into the EP Doctor, for a Appointment that had been scheduled for several months (hard to get into see him). Then at the Dr's there is a bit of consternation about how I am handling my situation, and a little bit of frustration on his part, then within the next several days I go into AFIB.

Question: How did you deal with and handle your AFIB for the first 17 years, until your 1st Ablation? that is quite a long time. Can you describe more about your AFIB during this time?

The early years were mostly just a frustration.. Another frustration was finding a doctor. I went through several cardiologist in the beginning before I found one that would sit down and listen to me.Most of them would walk into the room and before I got my first sentence out would start writing a prescription. Which I would try with zero effect while usually making the condition worse and making me feel worse than if I was taking nothing. I new nothing of EP's at that time.

I actually did a write up for someone on my experience many years ago. Here is a link to my blog and that write up.
[afib-rider.blogspot.com]
March 30, 2018 11:06AM
Sent the lifewatch monitor back on Tuesday. I got 2 more recordings this week. One while doing light excercise and the other just before sending it back. The first was a normal recording that my EP wanted me to send to him. The second was a recording of my current arrhythmia which I am sure is affib.

At this point I have pretty much been in affib since the second recording on Tuesday. I'm still taking the Flecanide 100 mg and metoprolol 25 mg twice a day. I have tried to double up on the Flecanide once a day to try to get my heart to convert to no avail. I guess I should qualify that by saying the it has occationally gone to what feels like a normal rhythm a couple times but at an elevated rate of over 100 bpm.

I've been in contact with the EP office but he has been away so I expect I will here from him sometime early next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 11:07AM by rocketritch.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login