Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bordeaux contact details

Posted by mwcf 
Bordeaux contact details
March 19, 2018 02:55PM
Hi all,

Can anyone here please provide me with a contact email address for Bordeaux?

Thank you,

Mike F
Re: Bordeaux contact details
March 19, 2018 08:34PM
Mike,

See Gill's post: <[www.afibbers.org]

George
March 20, 2018 06:14AM
Many thanks George.

Best,

Mike

EDIT:

Just spoke to Stephanie at Bordeaux - very nice but struggled to understand my Yorkshire accent!! She is sending me a questionnaire and up-to-date info form. Current all-in cost including 5 day hospital stay is E16564 (£14.4K at todays ER) so around the same as here in the UK if going privately/self-funded with Ernst or Schilling. From where I'm looking at the moment, it's something of a no-brainer to go to Bordeaux if paying oneself. The other good thing about Bordeaux is that any work that may need doing in the few days following the ablation is included in the price. Here in the UK that would be extra as you'd get an overnight stay at the most before heading home.

Mike F

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2018 07:51AM by mwcf.
Sam
March 20, 2018 01:19PM
Mike, did you get a price for Dr Ernst? I looked into going to her three years ago and the price was over £21000.

Sam
March 20, 2018 01:52PM
Hi Sam,

It was circa £15K overall if I recall correctly. You can check for yourself by phoning her PA 9am to 1pm weekdays on 07545-608970. Please do let me/us know what they quote you price-wise.

I was also quoted £15K for Prof Richard Schilling at the London AF Centre at London Bridge private hospital - this being made up of £11.5K hospital fees and the other £3.5K for Schilling (£2.5K) and an anaesthetist (£1K). I'm figuring it'll be the same price structure for Ernst. So far as I'm aware those prices do not include any investigations before or follow-up afterwards.

It is my understanding that Ernst increasingly focuses upon research activities rather than doing ablation procedures day in day out but don't quote me on that.

Cheers,

Mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login