Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

stress and afib

Posted by new afibber 
stress and afib
March 17, 2018 03:21PM
Hi everyone,Im new to this forum.Ive been under a ton of stress due to my relationship.On 25 mg metropol and 100mg fleccanide 2 x day. My question is has anyone gotten off the meds? due to an ablation? or reducing stress? I figure after going thru the loss I can put my life back. also used valerian to sleep a little with no ill effects
Re: stress and afib
March 17, 2018 06:23PM
Ablation yes, reducing stress no.
March 18, 2018 01:27PM
Hello and sorry for your misery. Couple of questions: …. Your age? And - is the arrhythmia new as a result of your breakup or have you had it for a while and now it’s increased? If the latter, how long?

A lot of things 'get out of whack' in your body during periods of high stress. I have experience with that and after treating for adrenal fatigue or adrenal burnout, I was able to get off the meds for AFib and just use as PIP or pill in pocket ..on demand... when events would begin. But, even though I had the stress issues fairly well controlled and had restored proper adrenal function, plus the Afib was down to zero, I went ahead with an ablation at age 67 – as my secondary insurance was changing and I didn’t want stress over the ‘what if’s with that issue.

Often, it depends on your age as to whether you can reverse the Afib and if it just recently began as a result of emotional stress. And, there can be lifestyle habits that need to be changed as well including nutritional assessments plus supplementation.

During the process, natural calming agents can be helpful…such as L-theanine which is calming but doesn’t make you feel sleepy or impaired. Stronger effects are found with PharmaGaba which are great at night to help with sleep and sometimes low dose melatonin works well too.

If your stress has been ongoing for a long time, then the adrenal dysfunction issue will require treatment even if you decide to eventually have an ablation procedure because adrenal dysfunction affects other systems in the body besides cardiac and high stress continuing on over many years will end up causing degenerative diseases of aging.

Send me a PM if you would prefer to get into more detail that way.
Glad to try to help you sort out the underlying factors.
Best to you,
Jackie
March 20, 2018 09:43AM
Stress is a huge trigger for me. currently on same regiment following my ablation in January. Hoping to come off Flecanide and Metoprolol in a month or so.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login