Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

After 14 years

Posted by joey1974 
After 14 years
December 02, 2017 07:15AM
Hello all, came to this forum back 14 years ago and you guys were a great help! I had an episode of afib while asleep went to the ER had all the tests and things turned out normal, after learning about magnesium and potassium i started supplementing with those and lost a bunch of weight, been eating healthy and working out since with no issues, well 2 weeks ago once again I woke up and was really bummed out I was having another episode, once again while asleep! I have made a sleep study thinking maybe OAS? So my question to all the experts in here is how are episodes so far apart? Which is fine with me! When I first had it people scared me and said it would become more often and it hadn’t till this second one, my heart rates both times were around 160-170 I converted on my own both times within 6 hours, after the first one they put me on metoprolol which I got off of, now they put me on it again.......cardio didn’t think I required an EP due to history of infrequency......I don’t even feel pacs or pvcs? I did before when I was overweight but I’ve lost 130 poiunds, I go to the gym 4 days a week and get my heart rate into the 140s, what would be causing this? Vaugal? It always happens in my sleep, and if I do have any palpitations it’s always laying on my side........I am still loving healthy and hopefully this was a fluke! My stroke score was 0 so cardio said I can take an aspirin a day left it up to me, sorry to be long winded just remember this group was extremely well educated in this, hope everyone is doing well!....I’d like to say happy to be back but that’s a lie lol
Re: After 14 years
December 02, 2017 08:53AM
Textbook vagal AF. Mine was the same. In bed, left side, PACs then AF.

I would push for an EP consult. It certainly doesn't sound from your description like anything needs to be done in a hurry, but in these cases a standard PVI ablation is almost always successful and curative.
December 02, 2017 09:02AM
Good morning, yes I would def not think about any procedure now, I’ve heard stories of people jumping to that and it making it worse, I have looked up vagal very odd that only 2x in sleep I would have hit the exact spot to cause that?....so your episodes are just at night as well?
December 02, 2017 07:35PM
My episodes were nightly. I was ablated in 2015.

If your username includes the year of your birth, then we are the same age. I also lost over 100 lbs of body weight in my late 30s and continued thereafter on my regimen of cardio exercise (running and biking) 6 days/week. My resting HR dropped into the 40s (vagal tone), and AF started at age 41. Electrolyte imbalance + hyper vagal tone = AF. It’s common.
December 04, 2017 05:18PM
Wonder what made it come 15 years ago then waited 10 years, which is fine with me....I’m hoping the sleep study shows osa, I never get a pac or pvc during the day, maybe rarely a couple pacs, AF has only come while asleep, and if it’s from sleep apnea must be extremely lucky for only 2 episodes in that time frame, it’s kind of hard to figure the logic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login