Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Inflammation and supplements

Posted by redhead19047 
Inflammation and supplements
October 30, 2017 10:30AM
I was reading the article about SI and am wondering about what supplements to take. As noted in my previous posts I'm going to take Natto and Serrapeptase. Is it okay to take Gingko, Astaxanthin and Krill too? I take Vitamin C and Taurine, D and K from LEF. Interesting my Lpa levels were always low even though I have high LDL. Haven't measured them in a while.

Elaine
Re: Inflammation and supplements
November 01, 2017 01:43PM
Elaine… Regarding your Chads score…. Your age gives you 1 point and being female gives you another point. You are right on the cusp of walking on thin ice… depending on how frequently your AF occurs. Those markers of inflammation that lead to sticky, thick blood need to be monitored regularly. Certainly, there are a variety of supplements that help with that, but it’s important to know and not guess. It’s great that your LpA and HDL markers are good but what about your CRP and the others?

Also please read this report as it specifically targets those with AF.

CHADS2 Score for Stroke Risk Assessment in Atrial Fibrillation
[emedicine.medscape.com]

Jackie
November 02, 2017 10:21AM
Thanks Jackie. I sent a note to my doctor to request those tests. Haven't heard back yet. How often do I need to get these tests?

Elaine
November 02, 2017 01:32PM
Elaine - re-testing will depend on your results. If you're out of range, then you'll need to follow the recommended protocols and after a period of time, re-test to see if you are making progress. If you are good in all the markers, then some like to do it every 6 months and some may feel comfortable with annual testing. Other factors include other health issues if you have them - in addition to the AF.

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login