Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bordeaux problem

Posted by castaway66 
Bordeaux problem
June 02, 2017 10:00AM
Hello everyone. I wonder if anyone can help me out. Although I have changed my diet and am losing weight I have decided that I should have an ablation - still having daily events. I was set to have and ablation in Birmingham but then thought the best treatment in Europe would would probably come via the Bordeaux hospital. I have been in touch with them over the last few months but I'm having a problem. I used the contact you gave me Gill, Stephanie Bentz, but she is really dragging her feet and I have next to no information. I'm not sure why as I am always very polite in my emails, but I get the impression she does not want to speak to me. I did write more but it just sounds like a big whinge. I would just give up but I want to get the best possible treatment. Any suggestions on how to put this right?

thanks
Kevin
Re: Bordeaux problem
June 02, 2017 10:15PM
Hi Kevin,

On this page, there are several contact links
<[a-fib.com]

Including this one, which has a phone number <[www.ihu-liryc.fr]

Good luck,

George
June 03, 2017 02:51AM
Kevin, have you thought of Sabine Ernst in London? Shannon, I think, recommended I make my way there, but haven't as yet.
June 03, 2017 04:55PM
Thanks George and Joyce for getting back to me. Yes I have been thinking about Sabine Ernst as well Joyce and it may be that I will go that route. I suppose what swung the idea of Bordeaux, apart from their good reputation and recommendations was that I would stay there for a few days and if anything was missed it could be dealt with during the same period. I don't think that would happen in London (though to be fair I haven't thoroughly researched it). Though on the positive side Sabine Ernst seems to be highly regarded, it's not that far away and it's all conducted in english.

I have been learning french for about 40 years off and on. I can speak a fair bit of french but my problem is understanding what is being said to me - to be fair I think it's lack of practice. In your information George you mention a phone number and I'm beginning to realise that I am reluctant to ring up because of the language barrier - I know Ms Ernst has some english and that may be the reluctance on her part. I will just have to grasp the nettle and ring and if it doesn't work then there is always plan b.

Kevin.
June 03, 2017 05:27PM
Good luck, Kevin, please keep me in the loop!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login