Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

discomfort in upper stomach chest area and anxiety

Posted by SteveDaley 
discomfort in upper stomach chest area and anxiety
May 25, 2017 03:24PM
i have been having strange feeling and discomfort in the upper stomach and chest area. When it happens it causes anxiety and obviously i feel anxious.
I take flecanide 50mg morning and evening and take 25mg er toprol in evening. I also take Synthroid for hashimotos thyroiditis. I hate this feeling I also take Zantac.
I have been to Gastro guy and i have acute Gastritis and have been to my electro guy and everything seems ok i am taking a Stress Echo on Tuesday at 1 o'clock . I also have one of those Kardia EKG readers and it seems to read ok with heart beat of about 59 to 69 most of time. I play golf and when i do i swing hard and wondering if that has anything to do with the chest area i also have a small hiatal hernia. Does anyone have any thoughts Not a happy Camper. thanks
Re: discomfort in upper stomach chest area and anxiety
May 26, 2017 11:51AM
Hi Steve – Sorry to read you are still plagued by this. As you mention, the Hiatal hernia is undoubtedly contributing.

Back in 2003, Steve Rochlitz, PhD wrote a report on Hiatal Hernia and Vagus Nerve involvement and also a book on that topic. In fact, last year, I recommended that source to you in response to your post back then. You can probably find it in Google search… but the following excerpt is enpointe for you since we know any time the vagus is irritated, it can contribute to arrhythmia symptoms. I have the report in pdf file, so send me an email if you’d like the document.

It’s logical to me that since you are an avid golfer, the repetitive swing motion and the stress of midsection torquing could eventually impact and irritate the vagus via impingement. Tachycardia is listed as one of many symptoms of vagus nerve imbalance.

He writes: The biochemist Carey Reams, PhD, said, "Illness begins with the Vagus Nerve." The Hiatal Hernia Syndrome (HHS)--by pinching the Vagus Nerve--causes Vagus Nerve Imbalance (VNI). This imbalance is usually a hyperexcitability, but a decreased energy state is also possible at some point in time. In a Hiatus Hernia, or Hiatal Hernia, the upper portion of the stomach protrudes through the opening (hiatus) in the diaphragm muscle. I urge the reader to go beyond any preconceived notions that this condition only causes GERD (acid reflux) and minor discomfort, and to read this article in its entirety before judging this work. My own recent research will be described for the first time, after reviewing one pioneering clinician's findings.

This article will reveal how this condition, Vagus Nerve Imbalance/ Hiatal Hernia Syndrome, which I will abbreviate as VNI/HHS, can cause so many other maladies and symptoms, and how it can cause many other organs to malfunction.

Best to you,
Jackie
Sam
May 26, 2017 03:17PM
As a Physiotherapist the advice I always gave to golfers was to do a few swings in the opposite direction 2 or 3 times during a round. It's a great help in avoiding back problems. I can't guarantee it will help with your problems but it's worth doing anyway.
May 26, 2017 04:10PM
Sam, Thanks i will try anything.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login