Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

interesting articles i found while poking around the internet

Posted by peggyM 
interesting articles i found while poking around the internet
May 24, 2017 01:25PM
Don't know about all of you, but i always read any random pieces i happen to find that concern afib. Hope you enjoy these as well.

[medicalxpress.com]

[medicalxpress.com]

[medicalxpress.com]
Irregular heartbeat linked to wider range of serious conditions than previously thought

[medicalxpress.com]
Atrial fibrillation associated with higher death risk in motor vehicle accident victims

[medicalxpress.com]
Regular chocolate consumption may be linked to lower risk of heart flutter

[medicalxpress.com]
Short episodes of abnormal heart rhythm may not increase risk of stroke

[medicalxpress.com]
Atrial fibrillation patients are at increased risk of dementia, regardless of anticoagulation use

[medicalxpress.com]
Big women have nearly threefold greater risk of atrial fibrillation

PeggyM
Re: interesting articles i found while poking around the internet
May 24, 2017 06:23PM
Thank you Peggy, lots of reading for the next few days. Good to see that you are still posting... and poking around the internet!

Gill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2017 06:24PM by Gill.
May 24, 2017 06:37PM
Hi Peggy - Ditto to Gill's comments. Nice to see you posting.

Jackie
May 26, 2017 12:42AM
Hi Peggy,
Loved the chocolate one. About time we had something nice to eat instead of all that “healthy food”.

Went for check up the other week and Doc suggested I go on Warfarin (Coumadin) because of my past afib history even though I have low risk factors and haven't had an attack for 13 years!

Looks like the afib guidelines for Doctors have now changed in Australia so every one with a history of irregular heart beat has to start on anticoagulation therapy regardless of risk factors. No being too cynical here but looks like big pharma is trying to get anticoagulation use up there with Statin use........

Will be seeing my EP end of June so will argue the point with him.

Dean
May 26, 2017 08:42AM
Hi Peggy,

Great to see your posts.

Dean,

I have no idea why someone with no episodes is at risk!!!! I'm not quite in your shoes, but have had 3 episodes in 4 years totaling 2.5 hours. I will not take anticoagulation.

Are you still eating natto?

George
May 26, 2017 12:04PM
Hello Dean... Good to see you posting and that you are still doing well. Great news!

I wish you luck in arguing your point about natural methods for maintaining healthy blood viscosity since we all know they can be extremely effective without the cost and other side effects of formal Rx drugs. However, the medico-legal liability issue may be driving the mandates there. Of course, when patients are obviously at risk, it makes sense. Plus, as you point out, we can't discount the big pharma revenue issue, either.

Good luck in arguing your case.

Jackie
May 26, 2017 07:26PM
Hi George,
Have been eating natto food for 12 years now and religiously eating it every second or third day but stopped at end of January when started to experience intestinal pain. Thought it might have been the natto food and abruptly stopped eating it (in hindsight maybe should have gradually eased back eating it instead).

Over the next two months my blood pressure went up considerably (was the natto food keeping it normal? Seems a coincident) so went to Doctors for check up and put on blood pressure med (Prexum 5mg daily) and blood tests. Blood tests normal except came back positive to antibodies for Ross River fever so have had that sometime in the past.

Back now eating natto food again and no intestinal pain so must have been something else causing it and blood pressure back to normal.

Jackie,
Going to tell EP I will continue to eat natto food for healthy blood viscosity instead of formal Rx drugs so wish me luck...... My EP has now been promoted to Head of Cardiology at major hospital in Newcastle.

Peggy M,
Are you still pinching those fat trout from the local kids?

Dean
May 26, 2017 07:59PM
Jackie and George,
Forgot to add I had an ECG and 24hr Holter monitor as well.

I have 1st degree AV block (common in athletes and afib risk).

Dean
May 28, 2017 06:24AM
Hello Dean, good to hear from you as well. About the trout, that bunch of kids grew up and are now in their mid to late 20's. They have 40 hr jobs and trucks and girlfriends, and some of them have kids of their own now too. No time for fishing and they no longer hang out around the neighborhood. The current kidpack in this neighborhood is mostly girls who do not fish the way those kids did. O tempora, o mores.

PeggyM
July 14, 2017 02:38PM
HAVE SEEN NUMBER OF STUDIES RE HEART RATE VARIABILITY AND AFIB- SOME STUDIES WITH BIOIFEEDBACK TRAINING AND RESULTS WITH HRV- DEVIL OF A TIME TRYING TO FIND TESTING LOCATION IN CINCI - WHAT IS APPEALING TO ME IS THE
DISCOVERY OF HRV EFFECTS ON AUTONOMIC NERVOUS SYSTEM WHICH HAS SOME PAST EVIDENCE FOR IMPLICATION IN
IRREGULAR ELECTRICAL ACTIVITY -

N.B. FOR THOSE TAKING NATTOKINASE SUPPLEMENTS- HAVE BEEN TAKING SINCE BEFORE AFIB YOU ALL PROBABLY KNOW THAT PHYSICIANS RELUCTANT BECAUSE CAN TEST BLOOD LEVELS FOR COUMADIN AND NOT NATTOKINASE- FOR THOSE WHO
DON'T KNOW THERE IS A TEST FOR BLOOD VISCOSITY - MUCH BETTER TO KNOW THE ACTUAL BIOLOGICAL EFFECTS ON
CARDIO SYSTEM, THAN HOW MUCH CHEMICAL AGENT THERE IS - EVIDENCE IS VERY SOLID, AND I FEEL MORE CONFIDENT
ABOUT STROKE RISK- FOUND 6 STUDIES IN PUBMED, AND THE ONLY ONE WITH ABNORMAL BLEEDING INVOLVED INCLUSION
OF ASPIRIN.

APPRECIATE INFO I HAVE READ IN THIS FORUM -AND THANKS

HERMAN
July 15, 2017 12:11PM
Herman - it's a given that most physicians aren't going to feel comfortable having the patient just on nattokinase for blood thinning because of the medico/legal liability issue. However, those that practice functional or restorative medicine have had great successes with their patients with NK or other fibrinolytic and proteolytic enzymes such as Lumbrokinase and Serrapeptase. Garry Gordon, MD, DO, MD(H)... has openly promoted his successes online at his website... along with many others practitioners.

I couldn't take warfarin when I first began my afib saga so I researched nattokinase and was led to Ralph Holsworth, DO, who was actively promoting the benefits of that enzyme by working with the Japanese producers to establish it here in the US. Using Nattokinase back then at 3 doses a day kept me clot free during many very length afib events often lasting over 24 hours. When I had my first ablation, I had to use warfarin for a limited amount of time and as soon as I was cleared, I went back to NK... which was a good thing, because at 103 days after ablation, I went back into Afib and had to be cardioverted.

Then, the following week, I had a CT scan of my heart as part of a scheduled, routine exam post-ablation. It showed a clot had formed in my heart... but I wasn't notified. It was at least 6 weeks later, that I asked for a copy of the CT report and read the clot notation... but it was not flagged or brought to my attention at the time of the scan. So... as I posted here at the time, it was welcome proof to me that NK worked well and kept me from experiencing a disaster.

For many years, I continued to be in touch with Dr. Holsworth who kept me updated on NK news and esp. the news about the improved version of nattokinase.... "Cardiokinase" by Pure Prescriptions. Go here and read down through the product info and especially the chart showing the comparison benefits. [www.pureprescriptions.com]

Jackie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login