Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

heart math program

Posted by alexe 
heart math program
March 28, 2017 06:47PM
Gentlefolk,

Does anyone have any knowledge or experience with the heart math program of Doc Childre ?

Thanks

Alex
Re: heart math program
March 28, 2017 10:26PM
Yep,

It used to be called "Freeze Framer." It was the first beat to beat monitor I used, 12 1/2 years ago. It was not an ECG device, it had a finger plethysmograph to measure beats. It worked pretty well, though not as well as the Polar ECG straps I replaced it with (I was using it to see ectopics and afib). Also, back then the device was connected to a computer via a serial port, which meant you could not be moving around. As I recall Pat Chambers, Hans and maybe a few others had one, too. There are some images in CR52, as I recall <[www.afibbers.org]

I used it a little in the way Doc Childre intended, which was controlling breathing to enhance heart rate variability. Here is a paper on the concept <[www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] Sort of a way to meditate. As I recall Doc claimed some had cured their afib with his approach, but none of us that tried it had that outcome. When I first go the device, I was in a 2 1/2 month persistent afib episode. The device was not useful for Childre's intended purpose when I was in afib.

The optimum was around 5.5 to 6 breaths a minute.

If I were going to spend the time, I'd spend it on reduced breathing and increasing CO2 tolerance since CO2 is needed for hemoglobin to release oxygen to the cells due to the Bohr Effect. Many overbreathe so CO2 is reduced as the the brain's setpoint for serum CO2, so oxygen delivery isn't as effective as it could be.

"The Bohr effect is a physiological phenomenon first described in 1904 by the Danish physiologist Christian Bohr, stating that haemoglobin's oxygen binding affinity (see Oxygen–haemoglobin dissociation curve) is inversely related both to acidity and to the concentration of carbon dioxide.[1] Since carbon dioxide reacts with water to form carbonic acid, an increase in CO2 results in a decrease in blood pH,[2] resulting in hemoglobin proteins releasing their load of oxygen. Conversely, a decrease in carbon dioxide provokes an increase in pH, which results in haemoglobin picking up more oxygen." <[en.wikipedia.org] So, from this perspective, deep breathing, which is encouraged by Childre would be reducing serum CO2. For a book on how to increase CO2 & the brain's CO2 sensor, see <[www.amazon.com]

George

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 11:08PM by GeorgeN.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login