Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ExaTest results

Posted by AnneM 
ExaTest results
March 28, 2017 12:13PM
Hi Everyone,

I received my Exa Test results! My husband and I are considering another child and I want to be sure my levels are under control before we would consider another pregnancy (thanks George, Jackie and Shannon for the helpful recommendations!). I have been afib free for 19 months. My EP is somewhat concerned about a pregnancy as he has never had a pregnant afib patient and my OB says she has never see it either, but will work with me if we decide to go that route. Pretty much, I am not getting a great answer so checking these levels seem like a good place to start.

I wore a holter for 24 hours and it showed nothing concerning, not even a PVC or PAC which was great, although it is just a snap shot. My echo 2 years ago was totally normal so they told me another one was not necessary.

As for the results, I was pleasantly surprised with my magnesium level. I currently take 360mg of Magnesium, which seems low compared to others. My Sodium and Chloride seem high to me. I am surprised about the sodium - I eat a relatively health diet, not much fast food, junk, etc so this number seemed much higher that I expected. Potassium is lower than I would have expected. Would love your advice on the results and any ways to help balance if necessary. My Naturopath recommended lyteshow- has anyone had experience with this?

[www.amazon.com]

MAGNESIUM: 38.2 (33.9 - 41.9)
CALCIUM: 4.2 (3.2 -5.0)
POTASSIUM: 159.2 (80.0 -240.0)
SODIUM: 5.8 (3.8 - 5.8) (high end)
CHLORIDE: 5.5 (3.4 - 6.0) (high end)
PHOSPHOROUS: 15.7 (14.2 - 17.0)

Intracellular elemental ratios:

PHOSPHOROUS / CALCIUM: 4.5 (3.5 - 6.0)
MAGNESIUM / CALCIUM: 7.7 (6.1 - 12.2) (seems a little low)
MAGNESIUM / PHOSPHOROUS: 2.4 (1.8 - 3.0)
POTASSIUM / CALCIUM 26.5 (19.1 - 38.0)
POTASSIUM / MAGNESIUM: 3.5 (2.4 - 4.8)
POTASSIUM / SODIUM: 21.4 (19.4 - 38.9) (seems very low)

Thank you so much!
Anne
Re: ExaTest results
March 29, 2017 03:33PM
Anne - Have you assessed your diet for calcium content or perhaps you take calcium supplements?
Your ratio (Mg/Ca) could use improvement.

Also, as you mention, the sodium and potassium plus the ratios need investigation as to hidden sources of sodium... and with the potassium, a focus on more potassium containing foods as well.

I have no experience with the Lyteshow product and did look at the ingredients but my impression was that you don't need to add more sodium or chloride... but you can focus on magnesium in the form of glycinate and potassium as potassium citrate... either bulk powder or capsules.

Jackie
Re: ExaTest results
March 30, 2017 09:45PM
Thanks so much for your response Jackie! I do not currently take calcium supplements and do not eat a lot of dairy, but I am going to be more conscious of reading labels to ensure I am not overdoing calcium or sodium.

So glad I finally splurged and did the exa test, it is such a helpful report.

Thanks again!
Anne
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login