Welcome to the Afibber’s Forum
Serving Afibbers worldwide since 1999
Moderated by Shannon and Carey

Afibbers Home Afibbers Forum General Health Forum
Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EP Legend Dr Mark Josephson passed away.

Posted by Shannon 
EP Legend Dr Mark Josephson passed away.
January 12, 2017 04:18PM
Dear Friends,

I am at the annual AF Symposium 2017 here in Orlando through this weekend and it was with sadness in the hall this morning that the death Dr. Mark Josephson, a true pioneer and visionary from the early days of electrophysiology, was announced. while I never had the pleasure to meet Dr Josephson the outpouring of feeling and appreciation for his
continued excellence in help this filed forward that has benefitted so many of us, was palpable.

The link below is a remembrance of Dr. Josephson to give some perspective on his illustrious and impactful EP career.

Thoughts on Dr. Mark Josephson's EP career.

I'm heading back to the hall now for the last panel session of the day that is titled: 'Challenging Cases in AF Management I: Catheter Ablation for AF and Left Atrial Appendage Closure Panel and Audience Discussion' 4:30pm - 6:00pm'.

Moderator: David Keane, MD PhD
Panel: Shih-Ann Chen, MD, Isabel Deisenhofer, MD, Pierre Jais, MD, Hans Kottkamp, MD, Andrea Natale, MD and Vivek Reddy, MD.

Got to go and should be interesting.

Be well,

Shannon

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2017 11:21PM by Shannon.
Re: EP Legend Dr Mark Josephson passed away.
January 18, 2017 01:25PM
He gave his last formal presentation at the recent VT symposium knowing that it will be his last.
[www.vtsymposium.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login