Afib Resources Afib Database Vitamin Shop

Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dr. Sabine Ernst

Posted by mwcf 
Dr. Sabine Ernst
December 11, 2016 04:23AM
Hi all,

I'm currently looking to get referred to Dr Ernst at the Royal Brompton Hospital in London.

Whilst well-controlled with 100mg BID Flecainide (1 or 2 hours AF burden per year for the last 8 years), this isn't a drug I want to remain on indefinitely (now aged 55) not least given its tendency to lose efficacy over time for most.

My primary concern is that if I have an ablation with Dr. Ernst will it actually be her who undertakes the procedure or one of her assistants/registrars. As such, my question is to any others here in the UK who've seen Dr. Ernst as NHS patients, has it been Dr Ernst herself who has undertaken your procedure or did she 'just' oversee it.

Any input from anyone here who has been treated by Dr Ernst on the NHS here in the UK would be greatly appreciated.

Best to all,

Mike
Re: Dr. Sabine Ernst
December 11, 2016 05:38AM
Are you in U.K., Mike?

I too will be interested in any replies.

Joyce
December 12, 2016 06:00AM
Mike,

Heading out the door on a trip, so don't have time to do a search here. There was a guy, David Price? Who had some renown as a speaker, who went to Dr. Ernst. You might look him up here and contact him. I think he had a website or other contact info.

I'm guessing your question may be best posed to Dr. Ernst or her office.

George
December 12, 2016 01:01PM
George, I did email David Price via his web site but no reply.
Perhaps ought to do so again from another email address as have had some go awol previously.

I'm away from my main old fashioned computer at the moment and don't fully know how to work my iPad - yet!

Joyce

PS found website - www.engagedlearning.co.uk

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2016 01:05PM by Joyce.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login